Eat at a Restaurant Alone as an Adult?

What level pscho would do this? Step forward weirdos and explain yourselves. 

4 Likes

Did it all the time when travelling for work. Doesn't bother me in the slightest anymore. 

7 Likes
GOREILLAMAN -
soreshins -

Did it all the time when travelling for work. Doesn't bother me in the slightest anymore. 

Same. 

Same.

soreshins -

Same. Normally sat at the bar though 

Isaac Fookin' Nootin - 
GOREILLAMAN -
soreshins -

Same. 

Same.

Same.

rubbermonkey - 
soreshins -

Same. Normally sat at the bar though 

This, but I do it just so I don't have to wait for a table.

1 Like
soreshins -

Same. 

I should have qualified that. You are right about traveling. 

But say its in your hometown and you are chilling at home. Then you say "imma get up and go eat by myself at a sit down restaurant."

i ask becuase my friend did this tonight and i told him its abnormal. He swears it's perfectly reasonable.

1 Like

Bar, often. Tables, no so much.

dinner is a no for me, not that i'm against it or think it's odd
but i will go to a movie alone as i just like the time to chill by myself sometimes

I do it all the time.  Doesn't bother me at all. Full time student full time employee, me and my friends are in our mid 20's so all our schedules are different. Sometimes you just gotta do it alone

Fighting - 

I should have qualified that. You are right about traveling. 

But say its in your hometown and you are chilling at home. Then you say "imma get up and go eat by myself at a sit down restaurant."

i ask becuase my friend did this tonight and i told him its abnormal. He swears it's perfectly reasonable.

Different strokes for different folks. If dude wants to be left alone enjoying dinner and drink instead of bullshitting with people then there is nothing wrong with that. I think its perfectly normal..

2 Likes
soreshins -

This. 

Lol at OP's projection issues. 

why not?

go to diners all the time, by myself for breakfast lunch or dinner.

no difference between hitting up a local diner with hitting up a local restaraunt

bar or take out.  even with one other dude, a table feels a bit like a man date.

I will do fast food alone. Anyone who don't like that can suck my turds

Vegito Blue -

I do it all the time.  Doesn't bother me at all. Full time student full time employee, me and my friends are in our mid 20's so all our schedules are different. Sometimes you just gotta do it alone

No take out for you huh?

Definitely when traveling...I hate eating at the bar so I get a table and usually pull out my laptop and get some work done. 

If I am in my home town I usually cook but will get take out now and then. 

With that said...some people think it is weird that I go to concerts alone, but I love it...I actually flew to Vegas alone to see a concert (alone). 

1 Like

I do it quite often.

I'm a "foodie," wife is not. (Yeah, I'll use that term)

I have foodie friends and family who will usually join me. But I have zero problem eating alone at a restaurant, especially fine dining types. And every trip we take with the family, "Dad" has always scoped out one of the local best restaurants for a solo meal. Once my youngest son was old enough he started to join me sometimes because he's in to it too.

It's a great way to zen-out with the food.

Only insecure bros who don't know what to do in public when alone, and have that left-over high school social insecurity have a problem with this.

2 Likes
ryanJ - 

Definitely when traveling...I hate eating at the bar so I get a table and usually pull out my laptop and get some work done. 

If I am in my home town I usually cook but will get take out now and then. 

With that said...some people think it is weird that I go to concerts alone, but I love it...I actually flew to Vegas alone to see a concert (alone). 

Weirdo!! Joking but I get it..