Eat every 4 hrs for fatloss?

Most people cant digest lactose properly. This leads to significant mucous build up in the body, which for obvious reasons is not good. Calling it toxic is a bit dramatic.

The other, more important issue is the fact there are tons of calories in dairy products, which obviously isnt going to help you lose weight.

I dont think 1 glass of milk will kill the average person but calling it "toxic" isn't dramatic. It's a fact. Especially when you consider how much of it people tend to consume, how milk is advertised as a health food etc.

so much broscience

Alcohol is toxic, but [wine] is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2008/09/15/misquote-ben-franklin-on-beer.htm

disbeliever - Its "toxic"?

Its toxic to Paleo/Vegan cult members. Like when you throw holy water at vampires

How bad you react to lactose will also have a racial element to it. Northern Europeans are almost universally lactose tolerant, whereas Sub-sharan Africans are almost universally lactose intolerant.

do you guys understand that "milk" that you are getting at the store is about as much milk as etch-a-sketch is art? 

anyways, eating 2-3-4 hours depends on YOU. That's why there are "conflicting articles" on it. Because no research people is going to say "we tested a group of 50 Americans, ages 18-24, non-smokers, non-drinkers, who have a BF% between 10-15, who are all from British backgrounds, etc" do you see where I'm going with this? like HULC said, your ethnicity/genetics plays a HUGE roles. I function amazing on eating several times a day but I'm also able to eat small portions and not stuff my face. Some of the people I've worked with thought that 4-5 meals a day meant 10 ouncez of beef, a cup of white potatoes, and ONE spinach leaf :-P

you are unique, your dietary intake is unique :-)

Kichigai X - so much broscience

^^^^^^ This x 10

The only people that are negatively affected by dairy are those whom are lactose intolerant. Those of us that aren't, can drink milk till the cows come home (gomad)

The only people who need to be concerned with Glycemic index and sugars and carbs are insulin sensitive folks like diabetics. Everyone else can receive their carbs from whatever source they desire.

Please stop posting nonsense from 1995

rvboy - 
Kichigai X - so much broscience

^^^^^^ This x 10

The only people that are negatively affected by dairy are those whom are lactose intolerant. Those of us that aren't, can drink milk till the cows come home (gomad)

The only people who need to be concerned with Glycemic index and sugars and carbs are insulin sensitive folks like diabetics. Everyone else can receive their carbs from whatever source they desire.

Please stop posting nonsense from 1995

I shouldn't have to point out that combating bro science with more bro science is not exactly logical.

Everyone ought to be concerned with sugar, not just diabetics.

vermonter - 

I shouldn't have to point out that combating bro science with more bro science is not exactly logical.

Everyone ought to be concerned with sugar, not just diabetics.

Haha! Nice. And I'd also say on this topic that even though I'm NOT an IM proponent (meaning I don't use it myself but don't reject it either) the leangains guy tends to write well thought out arguments backing opinions with actual scientific studies. If you want to read up on this debate in a non-broscience way his site is a good place to start and jump off your own research. An example:

http://www.leangains.com/2011/04/critique-of-issn-position-stand-on-meal.html

I personally feel that so many people miss the forest for the trees in terms of meal frequency, macros, supplements, etc... Those are tweaks you use AFTER you clean up your diet. Sticking to basic "clean" eating (protein, veggies, complex carbs), lifting and cardio gets you to 15% BF or under if you just do it consistently. THEN start worrying about tweaks.

BS,

Was your entire post directed at me? I've already come to my conclusions regarding meal timing, as noted on page one. Eating more often makes me hungrier, so unless someone controls all of my meals (and thus, my hunger does not factor into what, and how much i eat) eating less frequently is basically essential for me to have a healthy weight.

The above is true to the extent that i have now found that eating a single meal daily is by far the easiest (read: most effective because of motivational control) frequency of all.

Besides, speaking of bro science, i recall the now defunct iowastrong.com. Many years ago Iowa's Strongest Man planted the seed for this in mind with the following, which i paraphrase:

"You cannot think or exercise vigorously if you are digesting. You cannot think vigorously if you are exercising."

His bro science here pointed to a greater truth. Activation of portions of the nervous system suppress other portions. Since thought and exercise are more important to me now than ever, it stands to reason I should spend as little time digesting as possible.

I suspect, however, that your post was generally directed and i'm just ranting, but that's ok. Cool article :)

lol @ people getting butthurt and calling it "bro science". Also, never took a science class if you think that when you're digesting food you're able to function at the optimal level physically.

and wait, please tell me who here seriously considers sugar to be a safe and healthy addition to food? I would love to hear you debunk biochemistry of said sugar like Dr. Lustig and also explain the obesita epidemic 

Nope, just general. I quote because of the broscience vs broscience comment and your sugar comment which I agree wholeheartedly with.

vermonter - BS,

Was your entire post directed at me? I've already come to my conclusions regarding meal timing, as noted on page one. Eating more often makes me hungrier, so unless someone controls all of my meals (and thus, my hunger does not factor into what, and how much i eat) eating less frequently is basically essential for me to have a healthy weight.

The above is true to the extent that i have now found that eating a single meal daily is by far the easiest (read: most effective because of motivational control) frequency of all.

Besides, speaking of bro science, i recall the now defunct iowastrong.com. Many years ago Iowa's Strongest Man planted the seed for this in mind with the following, which i paraphrase:

"You cannot think or exercise vigorously if you are digesting. You cannot think vigorously if you are exercising."

His bro science here pointed to a greater truth. Activation of portions of the nervous system suppress other portions. Since thought and exercise are more important to me now than ever, it stands to reason I should spend as little time digesting as possible.

I suspect, however, that your post was generally directed and i'm just ranting, but that's ok. Cool article :)
ArthurKnoqOut -  lol @ people getting butthurt and calling it "bro science". Also, never took a science class if you think that when you're digesting food you're able to function at the optimal level physically.

Shouldn't it be that when you're exercising you can't optimally digest food?

bigbabyjesus - 
ArthurKnoqOut -  lol @ people getting butthurt and calling it "bro science". Also, never took a science class if you think that when you're digesting food you're able to function at the optimal level physically.

Shouldn't it be that when you're exercising you can't optimally digest food?

i said IF so yeah basically it's what you're saying :-P