Ebersole tapped!

if that's not a tap or fake tap what is it? why else would you do that motion? again it wasn't some flailing motion

I thought it was a tap watching it live. But really, it's a moot point. The record says that Ebersole won, and he's never going to say 'No really, take that W back 'cause I tapped'.

Sorta looks like a fake tap.

Maybe he's waving the ref off or something? Weird.

Fake tap! Phone Post

Better quality:

Dunno what to think of that gif, I thought he tapped in the fight, but claude didnt let go so I guess it didnt matter.

I DID think it was odd that he won the decision and yet was acting like he lost a 'hometown' decision like he already had that on his mind. He mentioned it in the post-fight interviews too.

I thought for a second that he did 'a' tap but never actually tapped.

I don't think that's a tap but really, it's almost too close to call.

Ehhh, not sure from just the .gif (didn't see the fight) and I actually could see the argument about the ref wave on this one as it looks like the ref is positioned where that would be plausible.

Was the hold eased up on afterwards? Again didn't see the fight.

BushidoAristotle - 
JK3420 - He was waiving to the ref signaling he was ok Phone Post

Ah, good call. That could be it.

Anyone calling that a tap has never trained a day in their life.

For the record: I did not tap nor did I consider it. His 3rd round Guillotine was his tightest effort, and that was for 1/2 a second.

The Anaconda(s) were not tight nor painful, and I'd sleep before ever tapping to one in a fight.

Regarding the GIF above. Truly, I don't know what that was. My thoughts and efforts were focused on working myself into the top position and popping my head out. I found my moment and did just that.

Big, strong, tough Claude Patrick really nullified all my efforts tonight. He did not break his fighting stance on the feet. He did not give room in the clinch. And his bottom game was equally stifling, as I was not allowed to posture.

That said, I'm unscathed, never landed on bottom, wasn't threatened by subs (watch my past fights, I go quite ok letting folks fall to the mat while grabbing my head), and feel I won Rounds 1 & 3. Round two was boring, and I'll give it to him instead of whining for a 10-10 from the judges.

eiuwrestler174 - For the record: I did not tap nor did I consider it. His 3rd round Guillotine was his tightest effort, and that was for 1/2 a second.

The Anaconda(s) were not tight nor painful, and I'd sleep before ever tapping to one in a fight.

Regarding the GIF above. Truly, I don't know what that was. My thoughts and efforts were focused on working myself into the top position and popping my head out. I found my moment and did just that.

Big, strong, tough Claude Patrick really nullified all my efforts tonight. He did not break his fighting stance on the feet. He did not give room in the clinch. And his bottom game was equally stifling, as I was not allowed to posture.

That said, I'm unscathed, never landed on bottom, wasn't threatened by subs (watch my past fights, I go quite ok letting folks fall to the mat while grabbing my head), and feel I won Rounds 1 & 3. Round two was boring, and I'll give it to him instead of whining for a 10-10 from the judges.

War TWAS! Thanks for putting on a great show for us, as usual, and posting an explanation. Great to see warriors fighting out of Melbourne and doing amazing in the UFC! Can't wait to see you in there again. :)

3 out of 3 in the UFC is outstanding, who's next I wonder.

That's a tap. Sorry. If its a waive to the ref why not do a thumbs up like he did earlier. That's pretty fishy. I train and I've never tapped on a guys head twice as a way to defend myself. That was him goign to tap and then the choke loosened a little and he decided not to MAYBE. But its a tap or fake tap IMO

Take your agenda somewhere else you fucking clown. It wasn't a tap.

The guys I watched the fight with all freaked out and screamed that it was a tap, but to be honest, I didn't see it as such.

As for judging, I think it's fairly clear Claude won the second round. The first round could have gone either way, and I'd have to watch the fight again (as most of us would) to really have a strong opinion about it.

But the third is where the controversy lies.

If you think that positional dominance should be the deciding factor, you have to give the 3rd to Ebersole. My problem is that he did (almost) nothing with it. He hit Claude a (very)few times, to no effect, and that was about it. He was never close to hurting or submitting Claude. Basically, it was him trying to hold positional dominance and Claude working free.

Meanwhile, Claude had at least one tight sub and threatened with another, closing out the round well.

With respect to Eversole, Claude Patrick clearly won that fight.

That being said, I was impressed with how Eversole was able to impose his riddum on a Claude. For those who haven't seen Claude fight outside the UFC, he's usually the one who dictates the pace of his fights. Eversole essentially imposed a griding game on Claude, neutralizing most of Claude's movement. Also, he seemed to be physically a lot stronger than Claude, which surprised me given their relative physiques.

NOtap... watch closely he never touches Patrick s head

Arecsa - Take your agenda somewhere else you fucking clown. It wasn't a tap.

LOL I love how the white knights come out once a fighter posts in a thread as if you have to agree with them now. Are you secretly hoping maybe he'll privately message you and say thanks, and maybe you'll realize that your pretty cool and you'll become friends, and then you'll be such good friends he wants to meet you! So you get all done up and go out to dinner, and you drop your fork, and both of you go to pick it up and your hands touch, gently at first, but then STRONGER, and your eyes meet. And Brian Ebersole realizes that you are his destiny and you make passionate man love under the pale moonlight?

Take your weird fantasies to deviantart please