Ebola on the news: why no talk of bushmeat?

So I watched he Vice Ebola peice while I was lurking a while back and basically it said that patient one gets Ebola from bushmeat and he/she gives it to his friend and family.

They showed some dudes at a monkey meat mart chaining down saying "look at may, i do not have no seek-ness!"

Uh huh.

Why ZERO mention if this on CNN, MS or Fox?

The real question is, would you eat meat if it grew on a bush? I'd think that it would be too exposed and the insects/other animals would completely contaminate the morsels before I'd even have a chance to harvest my gains. Phone Post 3.0

IDOHARM - The real question is, would you eat meat if it grew on a bush? I'd think that it would be too exposed and the insects/other animals would completely contaminate the morsels before I'd even have a chance to harvest my gains. Phone Post 3.0

Depends, what if it had a husk, or a peel?

Mihow - Because if I was in their situation, I would eat bush meat as well, and so would you, so what's the point?

My point is IF this is true then why wouldn't the media inform all the unintellectual non-OGers about the goings on in the world? I think the proximate cause of a freakin epidemic would be useful and informative.

Mihow - Because if I was in their situation, I would eat bush meat as well, and so would you, so what's the point?

I would hope not. I would hope that you and I and some neighbors could formalize a sort of protein collective---oww owww!----involving defined common grazing rights temporarily until we could figure out a long term solution so we didn't have to...........eat BATS and MONKEYS!

Mihow - 
FedorFan5000 - 

My point is IF this is true then why wouldn't the media inform all the unintellectual non-OGers about the goings on in the world? I think the proximate cause of a freakin epidemic would be useful and informative.

Oh

Well we (the US) no longer really have a 'news' channel where we can watch news. It's just entertainment so nothing matters at all. Certainly bush meat can be pretty entertaining, I just don't think it matters.

I have the bbc app and comparing that to cnn, it's almost embarrassing.

I hear you bro but all the outlets do have "straight" news programs sandwiched between the "infotainment" but either way why wouldn't ANY of these outlets mention da bushmeat?

I'm going to say its in deference to our PC culture

Slowshot -
IDOHARM - The real question is, would you eat meat if it grew on a bush? I'd think that it would be too exposed and the insects/other animals would completely contaminate the morsels before I'd even have a chance to harvest my gains. Phone Post 3.0

Perhaps if the meat grew in a husk I'd take the chance, you could potentially use pesticides on the bush without contaminating the meat if it were a decent girth. Mark my words, somewhere they're making a meat bush. Phone Post 3.0

Is "bush meat" slang for hairy pussy?

IDOHARM - 
Slowshot -

Perhaps if the meat grew in a husk I'd take the chance, you could potentially use pesticides on the bush without contaminating the meat if it were a decent girth. Mark my words, somewhere they're making a meat bush. Phone Post 3.0

I'll be honest, if it had a thick, non-edible peel (like an orange for example), I might try it.

I No Kung Foo - Is "bush meat" slang for hairy pussy?

Clearly hairy cock.

Fag.

I No Kung Foo - Is "bush meat" slang for hairy pussy?

Zing vu

It's in the media's best interests financially to scare the everloving shit out of everybody. That way people will tune in to watch. A large portion of the US believes we will have an Ebola outbreak here within a year.

Few people understand that if your family doesn't eat Ebola infected fruit bats for dinner, you're probably going to be ok. Phone Post 3.0

poonhunter 5000 - Because it may be seen as racist. Phone Post 3.0

I think thats it.

FABombDropper -
IDOHARM - The real question is, would you eat meat if it grew on a bush? I'd think that it would be too exposed and the insects/other animals would completely contaminate the morsels before I'd even have a chance to harvest my gains. Phone Post 3.0
A group of French soldiers are walking thru the desert after an intense fire fight. They barely escaped with their lives and now they are struggling to survive in the desert without food or water.
As they are walking they see a tree covered with bacon. "A bacon tree!" one shouts. "Oui!" shouts another, and the men begin running for the tree.
As they reach it, they begin eating the delicious bacon dangling from the tree.

One stops to ask, "who tied this bacon to the tree?"

Just then gun fire erupts and several men fall dead.

"Get to cover!" Yells a young officer. "It's not a bacon tree, it's a ham bush!" Phone Post 3.0
I like you. Phone Post 3.0

hudd - It's in the media's best interests financially to scare the everloving shit out of everybody. That way people will tune in to watch. A large portion of the US believes we will have an Ebola outbreak here within a year.

Few people understand that if your family doesn't eat Ebola infected fruit bats for dinner, you're probably going to be ok. Phone Post 3.0

Good point. The media wants to show that doc hobbling to the hospital in the hazmat so we'll tune back in. But if the media just said "don't worry folks, the dude only has ebola because he was helping some idiot who eats monkey meat" And then Sanjay Gupta pops by and says "don't eat the monkey meat and you'll be fine" then no one would tune back in.

africa is still in the dark ages

I have read multiple mentions of bush meat as a problem with ebola.

FedorFan5000 - 
hudd - It's in the media's best interests financially to scare the everloving shit out of everybody. That way people will tune in to watch. A large portion of the US believes we will have an Ebola outbreak here within a year.

Good point. The media wants to show that doc hobbling to the hospital in the hazmat so we'll tune back in. But if the media just said "don't worry folks, the dude only has ebola because he was helping some idiot who eats monkey meat" And then Sanjay Gupta pops by and says "don't eat the monkey meat and you'll be fine" then no one would tune back in.

That's just not true. Maybe it originated with bush meat but it is spreading through bodily fluids.

Most people are catching it in Africa by taking care of their sick or touching the recently dead from Ebola.

HereWeAre - 
FedorFan5000 - 

That's just not true. Maybe it originated with bush meat but it is spreading through bodily fluids.

Most people are catching it in Africa by taking care of their sick or touching the recently dead from Ebola.

This is not true YET it originated with bush meat????

If I'm not mistaken this is not the first ebola rodeo I've witnessed. We had at least one. It was contained. AND NOW we have another one. That we both agree originated with bush meat.

So why not report that and put out regular bush meat PSAs featuring celebrities like Ben Aflack and Tom Cruise warning us of the dangers of bush meat?

Or people can keep burying their head in the sand and eat the monkeys and keep pooing blood til they die.

RJJH - 
FedorFan5000 - 

you guys have no idea how this VIRUS transmits do you?

Yes the virus is transmitted to a host through bats eating fruit. It drops some bits along with it's saliva and then the monkey eats it. A human eats the monkey and THEN transmits the virus to his friends and family as they take care of him.

Thats what VICE said.