Economical Dinner?

if you mean military MRE's you can get them at www.cheaperthandirt.com, among other places.

and I believe they're 3000 calories per complete meal.

Looks like MRE's can be had for around $1 a meal.

Any word from the vets on how they taste?

The picture of the pasta and sausage almost made me wanna hurl...

Thanks a lot Mark and everyone else

How about going to a warehouse club, buying a whole bunch of beef stew meat and vegetables, and making beef stew. Put in a tupperware container, and take some out and heat in microwave at dinner for a week. Long, slow cooking will turn nasty, tough meat into something really good.

One of the best things about this is the flavor will actually improve while it sits in the fridge.

Also works for curries, lots of Mexican dishes that are cooked in a similar way.

lmao @ the guy purposely eating an MRE. you will be shitting cinder blocks if you eat more than 2-3 of them in a row..

ughh I hated going out to the field...

i buy cheap roasts all the time and cut it into little chunks, i fry it up with some teriyaki sauce and add it to rice and peas, maybe some baby corn or broccoli if i've got any handy, it's good shit

Beans,brown rice and some salsa.You could even throw i some healthy choice sausage, its around 2 bucks a pack.

ttt

Can you keep stew for a week in the fridge and it still be ok? I ask as I live with 5 men and they mostly eat frozen food and wouldnt be happ if I stored a weeks worth of stew in our tiny freezer.

Fry some eggs with veggies and rice. Put a bit of soy sauce and water in towards the end. miam miam.

a good freezer is a good investment, for when stores have their sales or shopping at costco and such. i got a 5 cubic ft. freezer at walmart for a 120.00 bucks. with all the food in it i think i could my family of three by for a year.

it has alot of salmon,elk,deer.plus the meat i get for the stores.

another good applience is a vaccum sealer.when you buy bulk it last longer if you can seal it up air tight

I eat maybe 3 MRE's a week, when I'm on the run. They taste pretty good, much better then they were called c-rations... just don't get the beef teriyaki, tastes nasty. chicken and noodles or beef macoroni are best.

1 balance bar and 2 cups ice water.

cost ya a buck at the most