Ed Helms as Frank Drebin???

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/ed-helms-firing-naked-gun-reboot-paramount-exclusive-130048618.html

Detective Frank Drebin is coming back with Ed Helms on board to portray Leslie Nielsen’s character in Paramount’s reboot of “The Naked Gun” comedy franchise.

The studio has tapped the scripting team of Thomas Lennon and R. Ben Garant — best known for the “Night at the Museum” and “Reno 911? franchises, to write the screenplay as a new spin on the Drebin character.

Helms starred in “The Hangover” trilogy and “We’re the Millers” and recently recently wrapped “Stretch” opposite Chris Pine and Patrick Wilson. He stars in the romcom parody “They Came Together,” which will premiere at Sundance, opposite Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler.

Paramount released “The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!” in 1988 with Nielsen battling Ricardo Montalban’s character plotting to assassinate Queen Elizabeth II at a baseball game in Los Angeles. Sequels “The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear” and “Naked Gun 33?: The Final Insult” followed in 1991 and 1994; the three films cumed $275 million.

The films were based on the 1982 ABC spoof series “Police Squad!,” which was cancelled after six episodes. Jim Abrahams, David Zucker and Jerry Zucker created the series, which also starred Nielsen as Drebin in a similar deadpan vein as his Dr. Rumack character in 1980?s “Airplane!”

“It’s true what they say: Cops and women don’t mix,” Drebin said in the first film. “It’s like eating a spoonful of Drano; sure, it’ll clean you out, but it’ll leave you hollow inside.”

NO NO NOPITY NOPE NOPE NOPE

TIME TO NUKE HOLLYWOOD

PatK - NO NO NOPITY NOPE NOPE NOPE

TIME TO NUKE HOLLYWOOD
When will the rape end? Phone Post 3.0

ED Helms is what killed the office. He is fucking terrible. Phone Post 3.0

I can see Helms pulling off the bumbling, and obliviousness, but he'll never be Frank Drebin to me.

Why??? I'll just put Netflix on and see the real thing. Phone Post 3.0

Remington Steele - 

I can see Helms pulling off the bumbling, and obliviousness, but he'll never be Frank Drebin to me.

You can't beat the original casting of Leslie Nielsen.

Before "Airplane" and "Police Squad" (the short run TV show that was the source for the naked gun movies), he was strictly a straight man and serious actor, which made his deadpan delivery more comical.

Ed Helms pretty much sucks and is a comedic actor anyways

Maybe him and Will Smith will redo Blazing Saddles Phone Post 3.0

PatK - NO NO NOPITY NOPE NOPE NOPE

TIME TO NUKE HOLLYWOOD

Og, I promise you; whatever scum did this, not one man on this force will rest one minute until he's behind bars. Now, let's grab a bite to eat.

PatK - NO NO NOPITY NOPE NOPE NOPE

TIME TO NUKE HOLLYWOOD
. Phone Post

Who the fuck is Ed Helms?

RIP Leslie Nielson
RIP Frank Drebin Phone Post 3.0

PatK - 
Remington Steele - 

You can't beat the original casting of Leslie Nielsen.

Before "Airplane" and "Police Squad" (the short run TV show that was the source for the naked gun movies), he was strictly a straight man and serious actor, which made his deadpan delivery more comical.

Ed Helms pretty much sucks and is a comedic actor anyways

I agree for sure. I can't picture Helms doing the straight-faced comedy. He'll just fit in with all the pratfalls.

u don't have to watch it. I might check it out.

Vasechkin - u don't have to watch it. I might check it out.

I hope it burns your retinas out you sonofabitch

This will work out about as well as Steve Martin being the new Inspector Clouseau

You can't replace Leslie Nielsen. Is there anything they won't fuck with? Phone Post 3.0

Fuck me. Leslie Nielson is a God. Leave him alone. Phone Post 3.0

I like Ed Helms in Cedar Rapids. Hollywood has made worse casting choices. That being said, this is another stale reboot and the bar wasn't set that high to begin with.

You do really need somebody that can deliver lines like the originals.

"Everywhere I look, something reminds me of her".

I still use that line to this day. Phone Post 3.0