Ed Soares apologizes

UFC 123: Ed Soares 'sorry' he told Rampage Jackson his split decision win was 'bulls--t'

Tapout_400x300b_tiny by Fernando Quiles Jr.

Props: MMA Fighting

Quoteworthy:

"I had no idea the camera was on us, and I was just talking to him friend to friend. I thought it was bull----. After the fact, I thought about it and felt bad and I apologized to him at the hotel. I thought Lyoto won the fight. He said, 'You don't have to apologize to me, man.'  I got mad love for Rampage, and I think he's got love for me. We're friends, and I feel that's one thing about friends is that you can be honest with each other. By no means did I mean to disrespect him on national television. I had no idea the camera was on, to be honest with you."

Lyoto Machida’s manager Ed Soares feels "The Dragon" should have had his hand raised in his bout with Quinton Jackson at UFC 123.  Despite watching the fight three times, Soares believes Machida did what he needed to do to keep “Rampage” at bay. Doc Hamilton gave the fight to Machida 29-28, but judges Jeff Blatnick and Sal D’Amato awarded Jackson the bout 29-28. What do you think Maniacs? Do you agree with Soares? Did Machida have Jackson where he wanted him? Or was the aggression of “Rampage” enough to earn the win in your eyes?

JT42382 -  

UFC 123: Ed Soares 'sorry' he told Rampage Jackson his split decision win was 'bulls--t'

Tapout_400x300b_tiny by Fernando Quiles Jr.

Props: MMA Fighting

Quoteworthy:

"I had no idea the camera was on us, and I was just talking to him friend to friend. I thought it was bull----. After the fact, I thought about it and felt bad and I apologized to him at the hotel. I thought Lyoto won the fight. He said, 'You don't have to apologize to me, man.'  I got mad love for Rampage, and I think he's got love for me. We're friends, and I feel that's one thing about friends is that you can be honest with each other. By no means did I mean to disrespect him on national television. I had no idea the camera was on, to be honest with you."

Lyoto Machida’s manager Ed Soares feels "The Dragon" should have had his hand raised in his bout with Quinton Jackson at UFC 123.  . Doc Hamilton gave the fight to Machida 29-28, but judges Jeff Blatnick and Sal D’Amato awarded Jackson the bout 29-28. What do you think Maniacs? Do you agree with Soares? Did Machida have Jackson where he wanted him? Or was the aggression of “Rampage” enough to earn the win in your eyes?

let me tell you exactly why Machida lost the fight... Ed says it perfectly

"Despite watching the fight three times, Soares believes Machida did what he needed to do to keep “Rampage” at bay"

same shit. different card. dont let it go to the judges. the end

Regardless of who won it's not Ed's job to contradict the judges decision like that and spoil a happy moment for rampage. Phone Post

karmic retribution

Shogun 2-0

japetto - As far as I am concerned, no one "won" that fight.  Should have been a draw.

that should settle it

I don't remember him calling bullshit when Shogun got robbed against Machida in their first fight.

mjbreese - I don't remember him calling bullshit when Shogun got robbed against Machida in their first fight.

Monsters Ball - I disagree with Ed. Rampage won rounds 1 and 2 therefore under the rules he won the fight. Lyoto won round 3 but it was not a 10-8 round so no draw.

No rematch right now please.
Completely agree.

japetto - 
Kunu - 
japetto - As far as I am concerned, no one "won" that fight.  Should have been a draw.

that should settle it

Settle what?  Your tears over Ed's comments?  I should hope so.

Dont be mad....

Everyone saw your post.  you're cool. everyone likes you.

Hold on...im gonna vote you up

<quote>mjbreese - I don't remember him calling bullshit when Shogun got robbed against Machida in their first fight.</quote>

Wasn't he also saying Chael doesn't deserve another shot at the belt? edit: that was Anderson.

I wont go to my friends face after a fight and tell him its bullshit, doesnt matter if youre friends or not. You might as well have slapped him, i mean, you are friends right? Phone Post

Rampage is just used to the Japan way of judging.If they would of judged the whole fight as one instead of round by round then maybe you give it to Machida but round by round no.I was there and me and everyone around me had rampage winning the first two. Machida looked like he was scared of getting caught so he just back peddled the first two rounds.Then after not getting ktfo the first two rounds knew he was down both rounds so he tried to make up for it in the third.To bad you can't win a fight with one good round no matter how good the round was for you.Like everyone says don't go to the judges.

Rampage won 1&2, Machida 3rd.

29-28

Maybe he should tell Lyoto to engage and not run around and duck out of everything. With his fighting style he's either going to get knocked out, knock someone else out, and more times than not make him look like a little schoolgirl running around for 3 rounds in the judges eyes.

japetto - 
Kunu - 
japetto - 
Kunu - 

that should settle it

Settle what?  Your tears over Ed's comments?  I should hope so.

Dont be mad....

Everyone saw your post.  you're cool. everyone likes you.

Hold on...im gonna vote you up

Yeah, I'm extremely mad.  I am so mad I am going to create a thread calling you childish names and whining about what you said. 

Sound familiar?  LOL.

did you really  LOL ?   I hope so.

By the way, if you do create that thread shoot me a message so I dont miss it.  I want to vote it up

I concede dude.    You're lighting me up.  Just brutalizing me...

You're the fucking man.  

again...VTFU

Regardless of who won it's not Ed's job to contradict the judges decision like that and spoil a happy moment for rampage. Phone Post

JDSFTW -  Regardless of who won it's not Ed's job to contradict the judges decision like that and spoil a happy moment for rampage. Phone Post

This statement means alot to you doesnt it?

Kunu
50 minutes ago
JDSFTW - Regardless of who won it's not Ed's job to contradict the judges decision like that and spoil a happy moment for rampage.

This statement means alot to you doesnt it? Regardless of who won it's not Ed's job to contradict the judges decision like that and spoil a happy moment for rampage. Phone Post

Absolutely