Eddie Alvarez says he'll fight Ferg!

On his twitter:

I'm a fit trim 185 lb today !! let's work something out show Me the $$$$$$ ill catch a flight :)

10:31 AM - 3 Mar 2017

Lol hes only 30 pounds overweight and wants Anderson Silva Money.  

Would be cool, but I bet ferg isn't close enough to 185 after rehydrating.

Maybe 170

Nah 

Yawn.

Just seen Conor destroy him. This idea does nothing to move my needle. 

Lol. I can confirm Eddie is not on a plane.

imagine he beat ferg, it would only make Conor's belt that much more legitimate.

Honestly the only one who could really save this card would be Nate.

way too heavy

Id like to see a rematch with lando now that hes in shape.

PhillyFights - Lol. I can confirm Eddie is not on a plane.

Thanks lol

Billyz - imagine he beat ferg, it would only make Conor's belt that much more legitimate.

Honestly the only one who could really save this card would be Nate.

As if it needed to be any more legitimate than beating Nate in August and KOing the champ 3 months later.

Eddie is in a predicament now, he will always be known as the guy Conor destroyed. To me it basically crushed all of eddies headlining potential.

Eddie will be lucky to fight a top 15er

NUMBERON3MMA - Eddie is in a predicament now, he will always be known as the guy Conor destroyed. To me it basically crushed all of eddies headlining potential.

Eddie will be lucky to fight a top 15er

been champ in every org he fought in, great record, been headlining cards for years... but his headlining potential is destroyed and you dont think they give him a top 15 guy?

I'll agree with the lackluster decisions, and why some people didn't like the title shot. But I don't see how you can call the trashing of RDA lucky. And by your logic, especially considering how RDA has looked since. And what a lot of people don't realize or remember, when the UFC was fighting with Bellator over the rights to Eddie, they offered him an immediate title shot initially if I'm not mistaken. Somewhere along the line that went off the table. But he's done nothing but fight the best since. Only time he actually looked bad, as opposed to boring was The Conor fight. Maybe the end of Cerrone too a lil. But yes I am biased.

PhillyFights - I'll agree with the lackluster decisions, and why some people didn't like the title shot. But I don't see how you can call the trashing of RDA lucky. And by your logic, especially considering how RDA has looked since. And what a lot of people don't realize or remember, when the UFC was fighting with Bellator over the rights to Eddie, they offered him an immediate title shot initially if I'm not mistaken. Somewhere along the line that went off the table. But he's done nothing but fight the best since. Only time he actually looked bad, as opposed to boring was The Conor fight. Maybe the end of Cerrone too a lil. But yes I am biased.

He got pounded vs Conor and after all of his shit talk.  People don't like his attitude. He's a bit of a punk and people just can't stand him.  After the ass whipping that Conor gave him, El Cucuy has nothing to win in this fight. 

NBKfanforlife -
PhillyFights - I'll agree with the lackluster decisions, and why some people didn't like the title shot. But I don't see how you can call the trashing of RDA lucky. And by your logic, especially considering how RDA has looked since. And what a lot of people don't realize or remember, when the UFC was fighting with Bellator over the rights to Eddie, they offered him an immediate title shot initially if I'm not mistaken. Somewhere along the line that went off the table. But he's done nothing but fight the best since. Only time he actually looked bad, as opposed to boring was The Conor fight. Maybe the end of Cerrone too a lil. But yes I am biased.

He got pounded vs Conor and after all of his shit talk.  People don't like his attitude. He's a bit of a punk and people just can't stand him.  After the ass whipping that Conor gave him, El Cucuy has nothing to win in this fight. 

"Hes a bit of a punk and people just cant stand him"

i havent found either of these things to be even remotely true over 15+ years of knowing Eddie and the people that have watched his fights and followed his career all over the world. Unless the Mcgregor fight was the first youd seen him fight or hype a fight, Id be curious as to what your reasons for feeling that way are.

When you shoot off your mouth so much before a fight than get so badly outclassed it makes you look even worse. I realize it was probably just talk to sell the fight but it still looks bad. Eddie seems like a good guy but he needs to go on a good run to get back in the mix.

PhillyFights -
NBKfanforlife -

"Hes a bit of a punk and people just cant stand him"

i havent found either of these things to be even remotely true over 15+ years of knowing Eddie and the people that have watched his fights and followed his career all over the world. Unless the Mcgregor fight was the first youd seen him fight or hype a fight, Id be curious as to what your reasons for feeling that way are.

The complete lack of respect for the guy who kicked his ass in the biggest fight of his life. Especially after losing.  He could've told the truth that we all saw and just said that he was outclassed. Which he was. He said that he just didn't fight his fight and he didn't know why. Well it's because he wasn't allowed to fight his fight. He got stuffed when he tried his takedowns and Mcgregor dropped him right off the rip. 

He just acted so cocky before the fight, not giving Mcgregor any credit at all as a fighter. Calling him a fraud and the old "Santa Claus doesn't exist." bullshit. 

He made himself into an unpopular fighter (unless of course you are from Philly) with his own attitude before the biggest fight of his life. 

He could've said that Mcgregor was a good fighter and it'll be a tough fight. He could've said all kinds of things but he chose to make himself either a hero or a chump.  He lost and he is a chump. And nobody outside of Philly is excited to see him fight.  Nate turned an Alvarez fight down by laughing at it.  

I forgot about the UFC contract guarantees.