Eddie Alvarez UFC or D league

More retarded analogies about the other leagues by the retarded MMA fan base.

NBDL is owned by the NBA and their teams can call players up to use them at any time. Bellator is independent and has 3-4 year contracts with extension possibilities like they're proving with Eddie. They're proving with this very situation that you speak of that they are nothing like the D League.

STOP USING AMERICAN SPORTS AS A PARADIGM FOR MMA JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE AMERICAN. The world doesn't revolve around you and your shitty, sheltered knowledge. All major American sports have unions. They also more publicize prospects thru major TV and they are spread more throughout the world. Bellator is not a minor league just because they aren't the best league by a good margin. MMA is more like soccer/football. No union, non-televised amateurs, international sport. In that context, UFC is like England (themselves), Spain (Pride), France (WEC), and Italy (Strikeforce) combined. Bellator is like the German Bundesliga. Entertaining league who does a good job of securing young players long term and they keep some of them for the majority of their careers. Even if you consolidated all the other top leagues but them, the German Bundesliga wouldn't be a minor league. They have plenty of talent. Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, and Bayer Leverkusen do well in the Champion's League. They'd still do well enough against consolidated super powers. Similarly, Chandler, Alvarez, Pitbull, Curran, Hawn, Dantas, Straus, Askren, Lima, Koreshkov, Shlemenko, Vasilevsky, Falcao, Mo, Amoussou, Bezerra, Sandro, Good, etc would do well in UFC if given the chance.

IF Eddie can't fight in the UFC he should fight in UFC IRAN. Come on Deganhni...Pay the man!

I agree Bellatoris the 2nd best show and has some excellent fighters But I dont think its right if they hold someone back from fighting in UFC if they want to

Bellator isnt D league its more like AAA.

UFC is the majors and Bellator is AAA, orgs like WSOF and OneFC are AA and regional orgs are A orgs.

i didnt mean to insult Bellator I think they are the 2nd best show on the planet.But if Alvarez wants to move on they should let him.No doubt Bellators talent especially in the lower weights is great.

Winston Wolf - currently 14 players in nba with d league experience including Jeremy Lin and Andre Blatche

I'll take my Euro players over those guys overall :) sorry to turn this into a basketball thread lol. I agree with your op Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Winston Wolf - currently 14 players in nba with d league experience including Jeremy Lin and Andre Blatche

I'll take my Euro players over those guys overall :) sorry to turn this into a basketball thread lol. I agree with your op Phone Post

you may be correct.I think both leagues have some good players but not as good as the NBA.Alvarez would be great for UFC so would Chandler.Maybe UFC should work a deal with Bellator ???

maybe i was too harsh but if he wants to leave who could blame him.Maybe UFC should work a deal or work together

Winston Wolf - I agree Bellatoris the 2nd best show and has some excellent fighters But I dont think its right if they hold someone back from fighting in UFC if they want to

That's also a really dumb statement. They are a business and they matched a contract like the original contract said they have a right to. Said new contract would pay the fighter a lot of money, to the point that it drew the ire of the #1 in the top league. Eddie is #2 in the secondary league. You're really broken up about that? No, you're broken up about the fact that the secondary league wasn't the primary league's bitch, as that would have appeased you. But you don't become the primary league, or at least a primary league, if you're the current primary league's bitch. Bellator did what they had to, to continue to move up the ranks, and there is no exploitation or victim here. Just a bunch of bitch ass hypocrites who would have done the same thing in Bellator's situation.

u must work for them u seem upset.My point is if Eddie wants to leave they should let him And like I said maybe they should work with UFC or work a deal

so he has a contract I understand that But hes done a lot for Bellator and if he wants to fight elsewhere they should let him.If he does well it will look good for Bellator

I'm not the one showing partiality here with their one-sided, indefensible stances, so I could make a stronger case that you work for Zuffa.

To say Bellator should just let anyone go who wants to leave that's not a UFA is ridiculous. Should they let Koreshkov go too now that he showed promise and won a tourney? He got what he needed out of them. Now I'm sure he could leverage his success into a bigger offer with the UFC (supposedly UFC offered him as a UFA and he went with Bellator). They aren't under any obligation to be used and placate a fighter's wishes 100 percent. That's not how UFC got where they are today. Maybe they should let Rampage go even though he's still under contract. Eddie agreed to give Bellator a chance to match the contract even after the fact. He showed no intention of waiting for a while, upon which Bellator would have been jerks to sit on him for the whole time. He looked for a contract offer early in the matching period and wanted a take back after he saw the result.

FixedPartialArts - I'm not the one showing partiality here with their one-sided, indefensible stances, so I could make a stronger case that you work for Zuffa.

To say Bellator should just let anyone go who wants to leave that's not a UFA is ridiculous. Should they let Koreshkov go too now that he showed promise and won a tourney? He got what he needed out of them. Now I'm sure he could leverage his success into a bigger offer with the UFC (supposedly UFC offered him as a UFA and he went with Bellator). They aren't under any obligation to be used and placate a fighter's wishes 100 percent. That's not how UFC got where they are today. Maybe they should let Rampage go even though he's still under contract. Eddie agreed to give Bellator a chance to match the contract even after the fact. He showed no intention of waiting for a while, upon which Bellator would have been jerks to sit on him for the whole time. He looked for a contract offer early in the matching period and wanted a take back after he saw the result.

ive had Cindy O who is personel friends with Dana give him my resume in person.He hasnt responded.Im still available for hire for good paying jobs only

Winston Wolf - 
FixedPartialArts - I'm not the one showing partiality here with their one-sided, indefensible stances, so I could make a stronger case that you work for Zuffa.

ive had Cindy O who is personel friends with Dana give him my resume in person.He hasnt responded.Im still available for hire for good paying jobs only

Cindy O, who I've also gotten into before on matters like these, and she accused me of being biased toward Bellator. She does public promotion for Zuffa on this board even.

I don't think the popular opinion in any way reflects reality when UFC is far and away the most popular organization and many fans have the agenda of every good fighter being in one league. Thus, Bellator as the 2nd league, takes a lot of unfair criticism, and thus I feel compelled to stick up for them sometimes. Somebody has to. UFC would take just as much shit in Bellator's situation. They play hardball and will burn a fighter at the drop of a hat. But fans and fighters will keep their mouth shut more about it because of UFC's place and the sport right now and the alternatives. Bellator copied UFC's contracts, which they drew a lawsuit for.

Ultimately, Bellator is helping the sport by being competitive with the UFC, rather than hurting it. One sleazy promoter/promotion, competing with the other, keeps them more honest, benefiting fighters and fans.

Look at the contract offer Lombard received after he got a platform in Bellator and they competed for his services with UFC. It was huge.

Eddie's contract was a supposed disappointment, yet he got significantly more than any existing UFC LW.

Bellator being competitive helped Eddie and Lombard in the grand scheme.

And in the grand scheme, they, or anyone else being a competitor, helps the fans too. The sport was thriving the most when Pride was competing with the UFC and then soon after the buyout. Then Zuffa settled in to not being pushed to get better, and had two down years. This past year sucked relative to a few years ago.

Bellator not being the UFC's bitch like many individual fighters and fans want them to be right now, will end up benefiting them in the long run. They're just short-sighted and want instant gratification.

Sigh. The more MMA the better, imho.

Because Bellator matched, when Chandler becomes a RFA, he gets offered 100/100+ and guaranteed PPV points off the bat. Will he regret signing w/ Bellator initially and the fact they exist as a competitor, regardless if Bellator matches or not? I doubt it. He might complain like Eddie, but ultimately why he got the offer he did was because Bellator is there and he signed w/ them.

whats hilarious is that I have op on ignore for repeatedly calling me a ufc shill.

DamnSevern - 

whats hilarious is that I have op on ignore for repeatedly calling me a ufc shill.

i apologized for that years ago and vote u up all the time

Oh look, Bendo got a big raise a few days after complaining that Eddie's contract offer was too large. Bellator is bad for fighters. waaah