Eddie Bravo and Catchwrestling

"Its probably because slamming is illegal in BJJ"

We were grappling with my rules. Sub Wrestling...

"Glad to see that Eddie Bravo is finally coming to his senses about catch."

I'm starting to get what pro wrestling is really all about now, it's slowly seeping into my bloodstream.....

Godsey is a practitioner of catch. it accentuates bjj.

"I'm starting to get what pro wrestling is really all about now, it's slowly seeping into my bloodstream....."

What is pro wrestling really all about?

Eddie, it should be attrative to you (well, catch, not pro-wrestling persey). You are the KING of making what looks like low percentage moves actually work.

My opinion is you and Tony C should make up and at least be civil. A lot of the guys on the UG respect both of you. It's stupid to see all the hate.

it is possible to love catch but not care for Tony C. They are not locked together you know

Where's the youtube video of Tony's guys dojo raiding 10th planet? Soemone post.

Is Tony C. to Catch as Gene Simco is to BJJ?

It depends on what Gene simco is to BJJ.

Eddie,

Being that you're a Christian, I have to warn you that I have it on good authority that Catch Wrestling has been associated with Satanism, and they might be trying to draw you in to corrupt you.

Outside of that, catch is pretty cool.

the old carny hookers were twistering townsfolk since before your were born, btw.

crazy wrestling based subs... sort of what like Bravo does

Bravo uses a special non-traditional bjj mount, that uses more crushing aspects... which in fact is much closer to the basic philosophies of catch than bjj.

Billy Wicks is a fan because Bravo is basically already a Catch practioner but just doesn't realize it yet.

people always focus on his bottom game, but Bravo's top game is pure catch wrestling.

http://sfuk.tripod.com/articles_02/lanccw_1.html

CW article..

Good posts DanielD230!