Eddie Bravo and his outcast Rubber Guard

You wanted change and you got Obama!! Not white, for change and a new system...So here is Eddie, not Brazilian, for change and a new system!!!! STOP HATIN'!!! LOL

maybe....'check' makes you sound like a Star Trek noob

^ Clearly someone hasn't been watching enough South Park. :)

FINALLY, the truth...

The film is 100% right about one thing: Eddie Bravo/Rubber Guard are hardly EVER mentioned on this or any other BJJ forums. I hate to say it, but it's almost like there is a real conspiracy to stop it.

Pretty scary how access to this information is being supressed by the powers that be.

shen - FINALLY, the truth...

The film is 100% right about one thing: Eddie Bravo/Rubber Guard are hardly EVER mentioned on this or any other BJJ forums. I hate to say it, but it's almost like there is a real conspiracy to stop it.

Pretty scary how access to this information is being supressed by the powers that be.

Yes shen is on board! The tides have finally shifted. 

Long live the Eddie Bravo controversy!!! The following is a short outline to assist further discussion:
1. How has/has not Eddie either made a career out of one famous jiu-jitsu tournament victory?
2. Bravo techniques can/cannot be adopted by persons with long legs that are/are not flexible?
3. Bravo's advocacy of the use of marijuana for creativity does/does not poorly reflect on his jiu-jitsu advocacy!
4. I am having trouble with the _____ part of _____ techniques, what do/don't I have to do/not do to correct my internet error?
5. My instructor does/does not allow me to practice Bravo techniques that I have learned from other sources. . . Should I/Should I not change schools?
6. The twister is illegal in most tournaments because _______ and that's why Bravo techniques are/are not effective.
7. My instructor ______ says that _______Gracie was seen in the year 196_ doing the __________ Bravo technique, therefore Bravo has not invented any new techniques, but simply re-names lost techniques.
Please simply answer yes or no to numbers 1-7 to avoid repeating arguments that have been suppressed in the past. . .

dude...Jayhof is awesome!!!!

nice one Jayhof

edited for !!R@#T

Can someone point me to some instructionals on this ? Is there anything on the web ?

It sounds like a good place to start.

Steve_73 - 

Can someone point me to some instructionals on this ? Is there anything on the web ?

It sounds like a good place to start.

Anything on the web...? Hardly.

I hate to sound like a kook, but like I said, there has been a "media blackout" on this information.

Soon as Kirik sees this thread, it WILL be deleted.

I remember when all i had to watch was the first 10th Planet vid with Joe, Eddie and Gerald....now the evolution is everywhere :)

allll over:)

On-line training sounds like the go.

I'm looking to get my black belt in 2 years - do you think these guys provide certificates over the web ?

Steve_73 - On-line training sounds like the go.

I'm looking to get my black belt in 2 years - do you think these guys provide certificates over the web ?

Yes! Here's how it works. I bring you in under me with another person. Next you bring in two people, you'll start seeing checks. Then those people bring in two people, and their two people bring in two people etc. mo' money mo' money mo' money...

And since we're selling a valuable commodity like 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, It's not a pyramid scheme. 

Alder Hampel - 
Steve_73 - On-line training sounds like the go.

Yes! Here's how it works. I bring you in under me with another person. Next you bring in two people, you'll start seeing checks. Then those people bring in two people, and their two people bring in two people etc. mo' money mo' money mo' money...

And since we're selling a valuable commodity like 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu, It's not a pyramid scheme. 

Cool - can you post your phone number for me.

Thanks

sure, just give me your social, and I'll post it right away

mataplata - here is a good one for you 10th planet guys:

what top level competitor has won anything using rubber guard or the twister or any of that shit? ADCC?

See at 10th Planet were not really concerned about getting better or competing, it’s about smoking weed, showing off our tattoos, renaming techniques claiming them to be are own, and discussing the latest conspiracy theories.

mataplata you are 100% correct!!! so until then if you see a 10pjj thread, keep off of it because its all the same from you. you are a hater, we know that man. move on. we get it. we understand your point. just MOVE ON. there is no point in continuing to try to talk to us. we are obviously on opposite sides of the jiu jitsu tracks so lets nip it in the bud

ChrisHerzog - 
mataplata - here is a good one for you 10th planet guys:

what top level competitor has won anything using rubber guard or the twister or any of that shit? ADCC?

See at 10th Planet were not really concerned about getting better or competing, it’s about smoking weed, showing off our tattoos, renaming techniques claiming them to be are own, and discussing the latest conspiracy theories.

basically

I feel bad for Eddie Bravo. He just doesn't get the exposure and publicity he deserves for his unique grappling system. I mean if only he had a group of students that constantly promoted him through the internet and other media outlets.

However, the best marketing campaign would be to get a UFC announcer on board to constantly plug the rubber guard and root for the fighters that use it effectively. That's extremely unlikely though.:)