Eddie Bravo On His Corner Advice To Ferguson

Makes Tony's corner sound like complete amateur hour.

Whoops
Whambo -
ufc98newb -

What did Eddie say that was wrong? He was very humble. said he didn't belong in there as head coach. they threw him in there at the last second. he is a pure grappling guy and the fight was all striking. Multiple times he admitted he is not ahead coach and doesn't aspire to it--considers himself the equivalent of a wide receivers coach. 

Pure grappling guy that outstruck Cowboy and Pettis. The ridiculous shit you see on this forum lol.

Eddie fought Cowboy and Pettis?

Whambo -
ufc98newb -

What did Eddie say that was wrong? He was very humble. said he didn't belong in there as head coach. they threw him in there at the last second. he is a pure grappling guy and the fight was all striking. Multiple times he admitted he is not ahead coach and doesn't aspire to it--considers himself the equivalent of a wide receivers coach. 

Pure grappling guy that outstruck Cowboy and Pettis. The ridiculous shit you see on this forum lol.

This reply made without reading / understanding what you were replying to being a prime example.

Steve Perry -
Whambo -
ufc98newb -

My bad, had a few drinks and misinterpreted the comment. The fact Eddie was thrown in there speaks to Tony's corner.

I have to think if Marc Laimon for instance who was shit on for years on this forum was thrown into that situation if he'd "freeze up".

Whambo -
Steve Perry -
Whambo -
ufc98newb -

My bad, had a few drinks and misinterpreted the comment. The fact Eddie was thrown in there speaks to Tony's corner.

I have to think if Marc Laimon for instance who was shit on for years on this forum was thrown into that situation if he'd "freeze up".

He wouldn't because he's an experienced head coach, Eddie isn't and doesn't ever intend to be. He even said he shouldn't have been in there but it seems like the other guys didn't know what to say so they sent Eddie to deal with it.

Joshinho -
Whambo -
Steve Perry -
Whambo -
ufc98newb -

He wouldn't because he's an experienced head coach, Eddie isn't and doesn't ever intend to be. He even said he shouldn't have been in there but it seems like the other guys didn't know what to say so they sent Eddie to deal with it.

So you agree, Tony's corner was amateur hour.

Joshinho -
Whambo -
Steve Perry -
Whambo -
ufc98newb -

I know Laimon was a grappling coach as of 2005 or so,  but I never got the impression he was the head coach of team takedown. You clearly know better, so please source that.

Whambo -
Joshinho -
Whambo -
Steve Perry -
Whambo -
ufc98newb -

So you agree, Tony's corner was amateur hour.

Of course 

Whambo -
Joshinho -
Whambo -
Steve Perry -
Whambo -
ufc98newb -

I know Laimon was a grappling coach as of 2005 or so,  but I never got the impression he was the head coach of team takedown. You clearly know better, so please source that.

Please source that? Lol

Osbot -
AngryGerbil -
knappster -
businessbhoy -

The guys backed the crazy mofo up. I think if they heard another coach say this in an unrelated podcast, they would crucify him. 

I listened to my first (and last) ever companion last night watching the fights. Jesus H Christ. 2 straight hours of Covid 19 Bro-Science talk. 3 men constantly talking at once. 

this, Rogan has become unbearable. Eddie is about the dumbest person you could meet. 

Eddie kept it real here. Respect.

LOL.

Comparing Eddie Bravo, whose opinions are based 100% on his brain damaged feelings, to a guys opinions which were based on 100% science, that informed, expanded, and furthered our understanding of science.

Seems about right.

This is a meme people use when they can’t justify their position with actual, coherent logic. 

2 Likes
Whambo -

Makes Tony's corner sound like complete amateur hour.

They were amature hour. 

1 Like
Whambo -
Joshinho -
Whambo -
Steve Perry -
Whambo -
ufc98newb -

I don't have the source but I'm fairly confident it was stated in interviews he was grappling and head mma coach for Takedown. 

knappster - 
businessbhoy -

The guys backed the crazy mofo up. I think if they heard another coach say this in an unrelated podcast, they would crucify him. 

I listened to my first (and last) ever companion last night watching the fights. Jesus H Christ. 2 straight hours of Covid 19 Bro-Science talk. 3 men constantly talking at once. 

this, Rogan has become unbearable. Eddie is about the dumbest person you could meet. 

What I’ve noticed is Eddie seems to get worse every year. Seriously, I wonder if he’s had some serious head trauma at some point.

Reggie Warren Jr -

Cornering your friends at that level is tough. I’ve done it and pretty sure I said some stupid shit. It’s a strange feeling, but practice makes perfect. 

Did you maybe try an imanari roll? 

Ministry of Truth -
knappster - 
businessbhoy -

What I’ve noticed is Eddie seems to get worse every year. Seriously, I wonder if he’s had some serious head trauma at some point.

No, he has a legion of idiots at his affiliates treating him like a Demi-god. Half of the bjj community at least buys into his bullshit legend narrative.  

For a lot of dude’s It doesn’t matter If a bunch of people you don’t know or come across in real life think you’re an idiot if you have a niche group of people worshipping you. Cancels each other out. 

I am anything but an Eddie defender. I find his conspiracy theorizing to be insane and am generally not a fan of 10th Planet.

But, I think he deserves some credit here. Accomplished corners have shit the bed before. Mark Henry with Eddie Alvarez against Conor; AKA with Cormier against Jones; etc.

In this interview, Eddie comes across as humble, reflective, and sincere. Good for him.

Sounds very much like “not my fault” to me

wiggum - I am anything but an Eddie defender. I find his conspiracy theorizing to be insane and am generally not a fan of 10th Planet.

But, I think he deserves some credit here. Accomplished corners have shit the bed before. Mark Henry with Eddie Alvarez against Conor; AKA with Cormier against Jones; etc.

In this interview, Eddie comes across as humble, reflective, and sincere. Good for him.

That pretty much sums up my feelings. I’ll add only that I figure Eddie was chosen to go into the cage because the corner saw that Tony wasn’t going to win the stand-up. They probably should have asked Eddie to devise a grappling strategy before sending him in though. 

Balance - 
wiggum - I am anything but an Eddie defender. I find his conspiracy theorizing to be insane and am generally not a fan of 10th Planet.

That pretty much sums up my feelings. I’ll add only that I figure Eddie was chosen to go into the cage because the corner saw that Tony wasn’t going to win the stand-up. They probably should have asked Eddie to devise a grappling strategy before sending him in though. 

100%.

I’m not sure why people are acting like Eddie went in at the most critical moment. The most critical moments were rounds 1-2, when Tony was implementing Plan A. Eddie went in for Plan B, but he didn’t have much to offer.