Eden Lake

Great movie--I won't spoil it in case u haven't seen it but man...the ending... Phone Post 3.0

ok then!

Loved it - posted about it when I came out. One of my fave horrors of recent times. I am a big fan of Michael Fassbender too.

There overhyped it for you all.

The director also did the remake of The Woman in Black, which was pretty solid and shows he is not a one trick pony.

Yea it was pretty good and quite original at the time....has spawned a shitty sub-genre though

What other films would you consider in the sub-genre?

Love the ending

ferox13 - What other films would you consider in the sub-genre?

Wolf Creek, Martyrs, Them, The Strangers all have a similar sense of 'OMG, this could actually happen and there is nothing I could do to make it stop'

I couldn't tell you the names (my wife is the resident fan of god-awful, bargain bin horrors) but hasn't there been a few straight-to-DVD ASBO-horrors since then?

Frank Gallagher -
SammichQueen -

Wolf Creek, Martyrs, Them, The Strangers all have a similar sense of 'OMG, this could actually happen and there is nothing I could do to make it stop'

Martyrs is another great movie Phone Post 3.0
Absolutely - these are the kinds of film that terrify me.

Horror seems to have been on a hiatus for a while.

Insidious, Sinister and other 'new' horrors are terrible, unscary and a stain on the horror genre. Phone Post 3.0

Bootsy Collins -

I couldn't tell you the names (my wife is the resident fan of god-awful, bargain bin horrors) but hasn't there been a few straight-to-DVD ASBO-horrors since then?
I can only think of Harry Brown, Attack the Block and donkey punch.

I'm sure there are lots though. Phone Post 3.0

'but hasn't there been a few straight-to-DVD ASBO-horrors since then?'

You know, I really think I have seen one or two but for the life of me can't remember them. Outlaw and Savage (the irish film) sorta do but they are more revenge films. I am sure I saw some with Chavy Teens though similar to Eden Lake.

There was one about some students investigating a council estate or something like that. Cant remember what its called now.