Edgar moved to 145. Official

Pretty much official right after the judges scores were read...

They should put him up against Mendes.

tumn - Fuck this shit, stay at 155 Frankie, he is giving in to peer pressure.

He's giving in to the fact that he wont be smelling a title fight for a long time if he stays at LW. At LW he'd likely need at least 3 wins before getting a shot and that's a risky proposition. At FW if he wins one fight he'll probably get a title shot. That's about a year less of a wait.

War Frankie. I'm sure he'll earn a shot at Aldo soon. Edgar has beat some of the best at 155 and very few here give him more than a snowball's chance in hell of beating Aldo. If it were Penn fighting Aldo,there would be some fierce debate going on right now.

Frankie will demolish Aldo, and will be champion until he decides to move back to 155

FCFBlazer - Tragic that the number 1 LW it being run out of division by judges. Phone Post

This. Phone Post

ZZZZ no one wants to see that pitter patter at 145

hopefully Aldo finishes him and sends him packing

Is homnick still around? Could give Frankie a nice, quick and easy finish to help him make a bit of an impression at FW. Phone Post

Fack I wanted to see him fight pettis and Diaz Phone Post

EDGAR beats aldo EASY

if hominick can put aldo on his back, frankie can

after 6-7 straight wins between divisions...

Frankie can possibly have TWO BELTS

Exciting! Now that he won't be in the same division as Nate Diaz I can like him wholeheartedly! Go Edgar!

Chiron - They should put him up against Mendes.

Mendes takes it imo

Im sure hes pissed about the Bendo fight, but this move means he does have the chance to make UFC history- right alongside Couture and Penn.

easedel - Guy gets robbed in the title fight by poor judging, is constantly pushed to move to 145.

Would he have been pushed if judging got the fight right and he had the belt?

Stupid question Phone Post

Dirty_Boxer - Exciting! Now that he won't be in the same division as Nate Diaz I can like him wholeheartedly! Go Edgar!

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Mendes does beat Edgar if they fight. Edgar's TDs and ground game are overrated and Mendes is possibly a better MMA wrestler, he's without a doubt a better pure wrestler. Plus he doesn't have the gas tank issues Maynard has. I'm no fan of Mendes but that's a very competitive fight, imo.

Edgar should do well at FW but the guys who think he's going to run through the division destroying everyone, including Aldo, are out of their mind. He might not even do as well as he did at LW. I just hope he's learned a lesson and abandons the heavy emphasis on pointfighting strategy that's tailor made for having a lot of close and controversial decisions.

Edgar vs Mendes

WALLSTREET_WRESTLER - EDGAR beats aldo EASY

if hominick can put aldo on his back, frankie can

after 6-7 straight wins between divisions...

Insanely naive. Hominick landed 1 TD on Aldo in the 5th round of a fight Aldo wasn't optimal even before going into. Edgar's TD success is only 37% and Aldo's TDD is 95%.

Nice how you focus on that one takedown and ignore the fact that no one has had much success getting Aldo down.
Mendes - 0 for 7 TD's vs Aldo
Faber - 0 for 9 TD's vs Aldo
Brown - 0 for 4 TD's vs Aldo

In the UFC/WEC Aldo has been taken down a whopping 3 times out of 55 tries. Edgar may be able to get him down but it's far from likely to be a frequent occurence. Edgar's takedown success is overrated by those who wish to build his myth.

Edgar's TD success in his 6 fights before Benson
4 of 22 vs BJ
3 of 22 vs Maynard (last two fights only)
0 of 3 vs Veach
1 of 7 vs Sherk

Edgar's opponent's TD in his 6 fights before Benson
BJ - 2 of 3
Maynard - 3 of 19(last two fights only)
Veach - 3 of 9
Sherk - 1 of 3

There's a fair chance Edgar wont even beat Mendes or some of the other top FW's, let alone Aldo who is a bad matchup for him.

FCFBlazer - 

Tragic that the number 1 LW it being run out of division by judges. Phone Post

Ya, but BJ seems happier at WW where he doesn't have to watch his diet.