Edgar still thirsty for McGregor fight

https://twitter.com/FrankieEdgar/status/1175221896700407809?s=20

lo

Poor Frankie...

Even that tweet from Frankie was boring 

Is he the only Ali fighter that tweets his own tweets

He has to feed a family. Looking like Danny Devito's nephew isn't paying the bills.

McGregor's Coach said he thinks Conor should fight Frankie next. 

That fight is meaningless. Friankie is tiny.

I like Frankie he's clearly a great fighter and comes across as a good person, I don't blame him for trying to get a big money fight, but I really just don't have any interest in him vs McGregor. I think there's much more interesting fights for both of them out there.

Think ideally I'd like to see Edgar vs Dominick Cruz and McGregor against Justin Gaethje.

I am down.  McGregor SHOULD have taken a tune up after Mayweather - heck, even Dom took a tune up and he was constantly training MMA in his time off.  Conor was not only not training MMA for nearly two years, but he was boozing and partying, not leading the GSP life.  Frankie has the wrestling, the cardio and we always wanted to see this fight.  

I say lets do it.  Frankie deserves a big pay day too, an absolute legend and all time great.

1 Like
Jack London -

I like Frankie he's clearly a great fighter and comes across as a good person, I don't blame him for trying to get a big money fight, but I really just don't have any interest in him vs McGregor. I think there's much more interesting fights for both of them out there.

Think ideally I'd like to see Edgar vs Dominick Cruz and McGregor against Justin Gaethje.

Gaethje is a terrible tune up fight for a guy that has been boozing, not training MMA and winless since 2016.  The way you build massive fights is givng a star manageable tasks, build the momentum, and then go for the big bang (ala Money vs Pac).  By giving Conor, a career FW, another monster LW wrestler, you could totally destroy any brand value that he has - not to mention his confidence which has absolutely been damaged thru his losses to May and Khabib.  If Conor wins, we will ikely see him fight again and be rejuvenated, but if he loses, he is done.  Frankie is already near the end of his road but McG is still young and could have many fights ahead of him.

And whether a McGregor hater or lover, you gotta admit McGregor events are the most entertaing in MMA.

ImNotSurprisedDonks -
Jack London -

Gaethje is a terrible tune up fight for a guy that has been boozing, not training MMA and winless since 2016.  The way you build massive fights is givng a star manageable tasks, build the momentum, and then go for the big bang (ala Money vs Pac).  By giving Conor, a career FW, another monster LW wrestler, you could totally destroy any brand value that he has - not to mention his confidence which has absolutely been damaged thru his losses to May and Khabib.  If Conor wins, we will ikely see him fight again and be rejuvenated, but if he loses, he is done.  Frankie is already near the end of his road but McG is still young and could have many fights ahead of him.

And whether a McGregor hater or lover, you gotta admit McGregor events are the most entertaing in MMA.

I understand what you're saying about building up massive fights and giving stars winnable matchups and you're right events built around McGregor are always incredibly entertaining. 

I just think McGregor vs Gaethje is a very interesting fight and I'm not sure of the outcome? I'm at the stage with McGregor where I'm not worried about him being protected I just want to see him active and in fights I think will be exciting.

McGregor vs Diaz 3 or Poirier 2 also interest me more than him vs Edgar. 

Just my opinion as a fan not saying your point is wrong.

I'm not interested in this fight, but if you ever want to see Conor at his best again he's going to need some easier fights that keep him training on a regular basis for at least a year. He's done one mma training camp in 3-4 years and that just doesn't cut it for a guy with his lifestyle out of camp. If he loses to Frankie it's really over for him. That said, I think he wins easily.

Jack London -
ImNotSurprisedDonks -
Jack London -

I understand what you're saying about building up massive fights and giving stars winnable matchups and you're right events built around McGregor are always incredibly entertaining. 

I just think McGregor vs Gaethje is a very interesting fight and I'm not sure of the outcome? I'm at the stage with McGregor where I'm not worried about him being protected I just want to see him active and in fights I think will be exciting.

McGregor vs Diaz 3 or Poirier 2 also interest me more than him vs Edgar. 

Just my opinion as a fan not saying your point is wrong.

Yeah, but if Gaethje starches him he won't ever fight again. I don't like that fight, it's a pick em, and I don't want either guy to lose right now.