Edson Barboza is back in April. Fights Billy Quarantillo next

Featherweight finishers collide when Edson Barboza and Billy Quarantillo meet at a UFC Fight Night event on April 15.

MMA Fighting confirmed the booking Wednesday following an announcement on Quarantillo’s OnlyFans page.

Barboza (22-11) has struggled to regain his footing as a contender in recent years, losing seven of his past 10 bouts, but remains one of the most dangerous strikers in the UFC’s featherweight division.

The 36-year-old Brazilian holds a 2-3 record since dropping down to 145 pounds, sandwiching wins over Makwan Amirkhani and Shane Burgos between losses to Dan Ige, Giga Chikadze, and most recently Bryce Mitchell.

Quarantillo (17-4) has also fought to inconsistent results of late, splitting his past four contests, but rides into the matchup fresh off a Performance of the Night knockout of Alexander Hernandez in December.

Not a bad match up

2 Likes

Barboza, 22-11 as a pro, takes on anybody.

4 Likes

When Justin KOd him, he looked like he died. That was brutal.

1 Like

I think Billy Q has the tools but Edson has been fighting for a long long time.

I’m not a big GTS fan, so I might be biased.

1 Like

I forget who said it but one of the top fighters said they were most scared fighting Edison over anyone they ever fought. His kicks are so fast. He has all the tools to beat anyone. Maybe the most skilled striker to never win a belt?

5 Likes

You cant be most skilled striker if you lose 75% of your striking effectiveness when you get pressured. He is great if you give him space and time to kick, but as soon as you walk into his space he becomes a defensive mush.

1 Like

I remember reading Barboza is the only fighter in UFC history to have ended fights with leg, body and head kicks. You could throw knees in there too.

On top of that he has also TKOed fighters with punches to the head and body.

And who could forget that wheel kick.

I see he is 37 now, hope he can give us a few more great fights before retirement.

4 Likes

Definitely in the twilight of his career now, and has been for the past few years.

1 Like

Definitely still capable of putting on a great show though. This has the potential to be an awesome fight!

2 Likes

Barboza, always dangerous!!!

3 Likes

Yup. T’was Gaethje.

Gaethje terrified of Barboza

2 Likes

Billy Q looked like shit.

No Barboza body pics? Wtf

3 Likes

that’s a savage set of facts. very good work.

I’m going to start a new thread on this.