Egyptian weapons

That just sounds to good to be true

Oh my god *shakes head...mutters to self*

Yeah, I knew it wouldn't be close to anything accurate as far as history was concerned. I just thought it was odd they picked sai's out of any type of weapon.

Medic buddy of mine said some soldiers would strip out the "extra" layer of cloth out of their BDU tops and then go down with heat exhaustion because they f'd up the original design of the top.

What about the fact that your body is constantly producing heat that must be dissipitated? If you wrapped someone in a perfectly insulated suit, they would overheat from the inside.

The only time you would ever use extra clothing is in RIDICULOUSLY high temperates (WELL over 100 degrees Farenheit) and a very important part if it is keeping the sun off of you. When you do use extra clothing, you MUST maintain the ability for proper ventilation. You should have multiple layers of loose fitting non-conductive material that allows for good ventilation to prevent yourself from overheating from the inside out.

However, if you are in extreme environment such as the planet Mercury, you would forget about ventilation altogether and would need a protective apparatus that would not only shield you except compensate for your bodies natural heat production as well.

Mule,

"Medic buddy of mine said some soldiers would strip out the "extra" layer of cloth out of their BDU tops and then go down with heat exhaustion because they f'd up the original design of the top. "

I don't remember any extra layer of cloth in my BDU top. It is one layer. Perhaps they were not wearing their T-shirts underneath.

What about the fact that your body is constantly producing heat that must be dissipitated? If you wrapped someone in a perfectly insulated suit, they would overheat from the inside.That's why Arab and Indian (etc.) clothing is usually baggy, so that it covers the whole body from the sun, but allows bodyheat to escape.

jonwell,

"Lower the air temperature to 70 degrees and you have to expend energy to maintain body temp, since your energy is conducting to the air around you."

Unless your dead, your body will expend enough energy while you're sitting there watching T.V. even if you are completely nude in your living room with a 70 degree temperature. The energy expension can't be prevented unless you die or are maybe in a coma.

"When you set an oven to 350 degrees, does it ever get hotter than 350 degrees, even though its continuously producing heat? no. Body works the same way."

The oven is dissipating heat at the same rate it is producing it. Your body is producing heat that MUST also be dissipated. You will overheat from the inside out and die if you are perfectly insulated even in an arctic environment. That's why Arabs wear the clothing they do as opposed to bundling up in less ventilated clothing like Eskimos.