Elbow locking/clicking when fully straightened?

Anyone ever dealt with this? This started happening as my "tennis elbow" finally healed (Tendon injury).  My arm/elbow is 99% functional but if I go to "hinge it" after its fully extended, there's a "click" feel and sound and a slight "locking" feel.  Anyone ever deal with something similar in the elbow? It started happening a week ago, it hasn't gotten worse, if anything its a bit better than it was a week ago.

I had a similar effect when I had a torn meniscus in my left knee.  With the knee I was forced to stop and mess with my knee to get it to "unlock", the cause was a torn meniscus flap was stuck in the hinge of the knee.  Surgery fixed the knee but now I'm worried there's torn cartilige in my elbow causing a similar sensation.  

It sounds like rigor mortis setting in OP, go see a doctor to determine if you have died.

Either that or it's the early stages of super AIDS.

Banjaxo -

It sounds like rigor mortis setting in OP, go see a doctor to determine if you have died.

Can MRI or X-Ray machines show AIDS when its in the system?  

ThreadKiller -
Banjaxo -

Can MRI or X-Ray machines show AIDS when its in the system?  

Normal AIDS no, but if you have super AIDS then it causes a klaxon horn to sound and red lights to flash.

might have to join the no fap movement OP.

Being serious for a moment, I googled your symptoms and found a description very similar to what you described:

"Recurrent elbow instability may cause locking, catching, or clicking of the elbow. You may also have a sense of the elbow feeling like it might pop out of place. This feeling commonly occurs while pushing off from a chair."

That is from a page about "elbow instability", see link below:

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00647

Banjaxo -

Being serious for a moment, I googled your symptoms and found a description very similar to what you described:

"Recurrent elbow instability may cause locking, catching, or clicking of the elbow. You may also have a sense of the elbow feeling like it might pop out of place. This feeling commonly occurs while pushing off from a chair."

Thanks dude.  I did some research too but 99% of all the websites are backed by Orthos who want to perform surgery.  I rather avoid surgery if its something that can be fixed with proper rehab.

ThreadKiller -
Banjaxo -

Thanks dude.  I did some research too but 99% of all the websites are backed by Orthos who want to perform surgery.  I rather avoid surgery if its something that can be fixed with proper rehab.

That website said it would usually require surgery for athletes or for severe damage, but rehab was possible for more minor cases.

How did you end up with the tennis elbow? Do you participate in high level,  or highly strenuous sports?

Banjaxo -
ThreadKiller -
Banjaxo -

That website said it would usually require surgery for athletes or for severe damage, but rehab was possible for more minor cases.

How did you end up with the tennis elbow? Do you participate in high level,  or highly strenuous sports?

Combination of pushing the body past its limits when i wasn't training consistently and preexisting tightness (trigger points) in my forarm.  Basically, my forearm muscles were too tight to do what I was asking them so the end result was the tendon tearing without detaching.  I learned a lot about rehab while dealing with this and the knee injuries so its not all bad considering it eventually heals fully.  

The clicking elbow is just another hurdle I'll need to figure out, I stopped complaining and became a troubleshooter when it comes to injuries.