Electric Tether Car Does 217MPH.

Jesus fuck that little bastard is fast.  Video scared me, I thought I was having a stroke for a minute there.

https://youtu.be/sKTeWIw7Y5Y

1 Like

Also lol at the old guy trying to run around the pole to keep watching it.

Something about that was extremely hypnotic.

1 Like

ttt

Dashabox -

He's priming it

1 Like
1 Like

So they’re mini-Teslas?

xNate -
Dashabox -

He's priming it

Yeah, I assumed he was doing something there as he had some sort of wire he was holding onto but he let go of that wire and continued to run a few more laps until he got dizzy.  Just seemed funny, but I know fuck all about this.

EDIT:  My bad, in the clearer video it is much easier to see what is going on.  How to you prime an electric rc car??

1 Like
Dashabox - 

You think he was running around the pole just to watch it?

I have never seen or even heard of this activity before in my life and even I could tell what he was doing.

1 Like
iclimb513 -
Dashabox - 

I have never seen or even heard of this activity before in my life and even I could tell what he was doing.

Yeah lol

Cause I’m stoopid.  I posted this late last night after a few pre-bedtime puffs.

I can see exactly what they are doing in the second vid posted, which is much clearer.  I thought the old guy dropped the wire then continued running around like a spazz, which I found funny.  But I can see now why he was doing that.

Fuck standing anywhere near that. That thing skips the track it’s taking your head with it.  

1 Like
Dashabox - 
iclimb513 -
Dashabox - 

Yeah lol

Cause I’m stoopid.  I posted this late last night after a few pre-bedtime puffs.

I can see exactly what they are doing in the second vid posted, which is much clearer.  I thought the old guy dropped the wire then continued running around like a spazz, which I found funny.  But I can see now why he was doing that.

you are fine I didnt see it on the first one either. the second video that I posted was alot more clear. also I put on my glasses. you might need them also.

1 Like

I have no clue what I just watched. 

1 Like
Nitecrawler -

I have no clue what I just watched. 

Grown up rc car.

1 Like
HTMNDN -
Dashabox - 
iclimb513 -
Dashabox - 

Yeah lol

you are fine I didnt see it on the first one either. the second video that I posted was alot more clear. also I put on my glasses. you might need them also.

Thanks, glad I am not the only one who didn’t catch it right away in the vid I posted.

I am really hoping I can go another 10 years without glasses, they seem like a pain in the ass and I know I will lose them all the time.

That whole hobby exists to watch for the rare times a bird or squirrel gets obliterated on the track

2 Likes

that seems like a high level of risk hobby for a bunch of non athletic types. It’s like combining track and math club into one sport.  

1 Like

Just started reading about this because of this thread and came upon this...

"Once the cars get up to top speed, they can exert a force of about 91 Gs. That means the car is pulling away from the pole with a force about 91 times heavier than its own weight."

Jesus fuck

1 Like

With how small those wheels are and how fast it was going I wonder what the RPM of the wheels are.

Okay, so I decided to take a stab at the RPM at the wheels.

I assumed the tires are hard rubber and I am not accounting for tire deformation or anything fancy.

I also assumed the circumference of the wheels is about 9.42" (D:3")

That would give an RPM of approx. 24326.11.  That is pretty fast, anyone know what kind of material these kind of tires of made of?