Electronic Taekwondo scoring at the oylmpics

Watching it right now how do people feel about it? Sensors in the gloves feet and chest register hits apparently. Head kicks still decided by judges.

Does it always score correctly? Can it be overruled? I don't entirely understand it all.

I heard on the BBC fighters don't like it saying its bulky and restricting. Phone Post

UGCTT_Fillthy - I can see how a BBC could be considered bulky and restrictive

British Broadcasting Corporation.

Your name says it all. Phone Post

trianglezilla - 
UGCTT_Fillthy - I can see how a BBC could be considered bulky and restrictive

British Broadcasting Corporation.

Your name says it all. Phone Post

Big Bulky Circuitry.

Damn eleveners.

It was revolutionary in fencing (with near simultaneous kills common), but i don't know how significant it is in TKD.

I have not done a TKD comp since the 70s. For a while there, you could fight, within the rules. But then the coaching started to hew to the rules, and you couldn't really fight exactly.

With some electronic scoring, I bet it gets even farther away from a fight.

UGCTT_Fillthy -
Kirik -  I have not done a TKD comp since the 70s. For a while there, you could fight, within the rules. But then the coaching started to hew to the rules, and you couldn't really fight exactly.

With some electronic scoring, I bet it gets even farther away from a fight.

The Olympics really try and stay away from the 'fighting' part of the fighting arts.

If this is the next step towards getting electronic scoring in Olympic boxing, I say it's a good thing. Judges are just injecting human error in to the point count.

There has been a lot of errors and over rulings in the Boxing during these Olympics boxing just doesn't seem to get a break these days Phone Post