Electrostimulation

Does this actually work?

I'm at the chiropractor right now and this is happening. This is probably my 10th visit and I have no idea if this works whatsoever.

Does anyone have any opinions or facts about this? Phone Post 3.0

I've had it on my shoulders a couple times, it seems to help for a couple days. I don't think it's any sort of permanent fix though Phone Post 3.0

It's basically a poor man's massage.  Same purpose but not as effective.

Soup and Beer -

Sounds about right. I guess it's relaxing but I'm not sure about the therapeutic properties. Phone Post 3.0

Cojendo - Does this actually work?

I'm at the chiropractor right now and this is happening. This is probably my 10th visit and I have no idea if this works whatsoever.

Shouldn't you be able to tell after 10 visits? Phone Post 3.0

Cojendo - 
Soup and Beer -

Sounds about right. I guess it's relaxing but I'm not sure about the therapeutic properties. Phone Post 3.0

I have lower back problems so I researched a lot of stuff.  When you go to a physical therapist for back problems, they often set up a regime of stretching exercises to loosen you up.  This helps prevent your back muscles from pulling your spine in undersired directions.  Helps relieve the pressure.  Electrostimulation is like a massage in that it is supposed to relax and unknot the muscles at least temporarily achieving some relief on the spine.  It's not as effective as a massage, and a good massage is not as effective as long term stretching exercises in physical therapy.  I found the procedure did nothing at all on my chiropractor visits.  The massage chairs at the mall actually relieved a lot of my symptoms (at least for a couple days) far more than chiropractic procedures.

psychosphere -

The chiro seems to be helping and I wasn't sure if the electro was beneficial. It is relaxing which might be what what helps with my chiro adjustments. Phone Post 3.0

Chiros are also using it? I had it done in physical therapy, but I don't know if it helped (because I would have gotten better anyway from the PT).

Been around for a long time, a lot of professions use it, including some athletic trainers.

It doesn't last forever, a few hours to a few days for most people. Often combined with a therapeutic ultrasound, it helps to decrease inflammation and soothe the target muscle which allows work to be done on the muscle during treatment with less pain. 

Cojendo -
psychosphere -

The chiro seems to be helping and I wasn't sure if the electro was beneficial. It is relaxing which might be what what helps with my chiro adjustments. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, relaxing the muscles is the whole point. It helps a bit but not much. Phone Post 3.0

Had it done dyring physio. The science behind it seems reasonable but it din't do jack shit for me.