Elevator weirdness

Can someone explain to me the people that will get on an elevator and press a button that's already lit 1,2, even 3 times? What do they think this will accomplish?

Today a lady did something I've never seen before. On the way up to her floor as we're slowing down she starts pressing the open door button like it's going to fling the door open as soon as we stop. Phone Post 3.0

I had someone get in the elevator with me today and asked if this one goes up?
Nope, this is the sideways one. I think for a second there, she was about to get off the elevator. Phone Post 3.0

I press the crosswalk button multiple times. It makes me feel better. Phone Post 3.0

TFK_SaltineAmerican - I had someone get in the elevator with me today and asked if this one goes up?
Nope, this is the sideways one. I think for a second there, she was about to get off the elevator. Phone Post 3.0
Ah the ol willy Wonka elevator Phone Post 3.0

crazyea - I press the crosswalk button multiple times. It makes me feel better. Phone Post 3.0
You're basically the same elevator weird guy. Phone Post 3.0

Yup. And I'm not the only one. Phone Post 3.0

Funny Story about elevators. 

My grandpa is a huge prankster. He has a remote control fart machine. So he put the fart maching in one pocket and the remote in the other. We are all on a cruise. There were about 8 of us on this elevator. We were on our way up to the lounge on the very top of the ship. The elevator stops on deck #8 and some dude gets on. As soon as the door close my gpa hits the remote and this fart noise comes roaring out of his pocket. He was standing right behind the guy who just got on the elevator. My gpa says to the guy, "That's gross, I can't believe you just did that." Guy Says, "I didn't do it." My gp says, "we all heard you don't deny it." Totally pranking the guy. Well, he gets upset and stops the elevator one floor shy of the deck. He gets off, looks back at us and smiles really big. As the door close it hits us. Dude farted right before he got off and left us all with his stink. It was very gross but insanely hilarious.

I hate when I get " excuse me excuse me" before the door even opens, before the elevator even comes to a stop.

and the fuckers standing directly in front of the doors while you are getting off.

Another one that gets me is one where people are actually trying to be helpful. They hold the door open for EVERYONE to get in but really they're blocking the doorway to get in. Just get in the elevator the door is not going to close on me. Phone Post 3.0