Elite XC on CBS card

Not a bad first card, a lot of fights that are going to be barn burners for sure.

Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson
Robbie Lawler vs. Scott Smith
Gina Carano vs. Kaitlin Young
Phil Baroni vs. Murilo "Ninja" Rua
Brett Rogers vs. Jon Murphy

Kimbo Thompson is bleh...I hope they don't make that the main event...maybe some last minute addition that could top the card will come along..

Kimbo/Thompson = ugh...

Don't care about Kimbo fighting Thompson =\

The Rest.... giddie up!

Not bad at all.

Main is event is very lame. I like Kimbo and am tired of him fighting tomato cans.

Not bad, but it's kind of disturbing that the big "network debut" of MMA will likely feature not one second of ground work.

What weight is the Gina fight at?

I never thought there would come a day where a chick fight is the only reason I watch a card.

I would never wish an injury on anyone...so maybe I will hope for work visa issues with Thomspon. I don't want to get all excited about another fight that will likely result in a 30 second tko.

What a complete fucking turd this card is. Lawler/Smith is the only remotely worthwhile fight.

Looks good to me.

Jon Murphy vs. Brett Rogers is going to be awesome.

They are making the Kimbo vs Thompson fight cause they are banking for a Highlight reel Kimbo KO.

Same with all teh other fights.They are primarily Standup or Heavy Handed guys fighting each other.

Tough to call that a main event when you have Brett Rogers on the card and not getting the shot at Kimbo, after brutalizing Thompson. They are worried Rogers would slaughter their cash cow.

They're not really spotlighting the technical beauty of a ground battle, huh?

Decent card!

"Gina Carano vs. Kaitlin Young"

Very niiiiiiice.

orcus - 

Not bad, but it's kind of disturbing that the big "network debut" of MMA will likely feature not one second of ground work.

Good point.

I think that it is weak. I mean its a fine rumbler, dont get me wrong, but as a representation of MMA on network tv it totally sucks.

Anyone with a ground game on the card doesn't really choose to implement it much/if they can help it, so on that end its just not a good gauge for the sport. Its gonna have a bunch of sloppy and/or tight brawling.