EliteXC - dissapointing

I gotta say, EliteXC was better than UFC 72, and it was entertaining, but I was very dissapointed in the way a lot of fighters fought, and the shape some of them came in at.

Carter Williams - WTH happened to this guy? Is he taking dieting advice from Ricco Rodriguez or something? And what happened to his striking. He was being out-kickboxed by Paul Buentello.

Dwane Ludwig - He did absolutely nothing for most of the first round, though I thought that fight was an early stoppage.

Phil Baroni - yes, I know he pulled his groin, but after Misaki picked him apart, you would think Phil would learn that a little head movement can go a long way.

Frank Shamrock - He gassed. The man that never gasses, gassed and his takedown defense as we have seen is a joke. Frank better stay in EliteXC and never dream of testing himself against a top 10 guy.

Tony Fryklund - he's getting picked apart on his feet and he only went for three half-assed takedowns the entire fight. WTF?

Ninja Rua - What happened to this kid? Once one of the rising stars of MMA now fights like an amateur. The fight was sloppy, and certainly Ninja did not fight like a veteran of Chute Boxe academy.

Just my 2 cents. Flame me if you must, but those guys dissapointed me in their performance.

lets see you defend a take down with a torn acl and mcl tough guy

that was a good show. Shamrock fight was worth the PPV!

agree with juant1

"Ninja Rua - What happened to this kid? Once one of the rising stars of MMA now fights like an amateur. The fight was sloppy, and certainly Ninja did not fight like a veteran of Chute Boxe academy."

This was the one that bugged me the most. I expected a lot from this fight and it was just passable. Both guys were sloppy and showed little. I'd pick Kendall Grove over the Ninja that fought that night, and I'm not kidding.

Shamrock/Baroni was 100x more exciting than I expected, so that was definitely not a disappointment for me.

i thought that Shamrock v Baroni delivered

I expect great things from EliteXC.

you heard it here 1st.

i too thought that it was a great event and expect more in the future

solid 9 out of 10 on my watch

What foo! that was one of the best cards ive seen in a while...

Cant change shit...More Money more PROBLEMS... Let me IN!

good card.im shocked how much i liked the shamrock/baroni fight.

I think Ninja is getting a bad rap on this thread. He fought a good fight, IMO.

The Elite XC show was the best non-ufc event of 2007. Without a doubt.

Man I like Shamrock and most of the Baroni riders here even had me worried, I mean it is true Frank has exactly fought close to top guys in a while.

Baroni is a goof but his hand's are heavy, I felt like this was a true grudge match, not a fake UFC "grudge".

Shamrock impressed me with his hand's and the "sleepy time antics" were pretty funny!

"Carter Williams - WTH happened to this guy? Is he taking dieting advice from Ricco Rodriguez or something? And what happened to his striking. He was being out-kickboxed by Paul Buentello. "

Tested positive for cocaine

"I felt like this was a true grudge match, not a fake UFC "grudge"."

All Frank's grudges are fake. He is an absolute master at trolling. He is the ultimate real-life "heel".

This was a fine show. It reminded me of the old hardcore days.