ELK HUNTERS OF THE OG

Unite! I live in Washington but hunt north Idaho for elk. I mostly hunt the archery seasons. Nothing better than chasing bugling bulls with the stick and string in nice fall weather. I am considering giving Montana and Oregon a try as well some year.

Signed.

I have yet to actually take an elk after hunting them for years. I've been so close so many times but I'm still waiting for all my stars to line up!

There is no finer thing in hunting than having a bull elk respond to a bugle.

Rough Bearing - Signed.

I have yet to actually take an elk after hunting them for years. I've been so close so many times but I'm still waiting for all my stars to line up!

There is no finer thing in hunting than having a bull elk respond to a bugle.

Vote up brother. You nailed it. "There is no finer thing in hunting than having a bull elk respond to a bugle."

Where do you live/hunt?

VU returned!

I like in the Okanagan in BC. I hunt the southern interior. We have MUCH smaller herds than you would find up in the Kootaney's but we still have a few that kick around here.

I chase the mulies and white tail around but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I love hunting elk. When you rattle for white tail during the rut they mostly creep in silently when they prepare to scrap another buck. Elk fucking SCREAM. I was hunting with my old man one time and we had bugled one in that sounded really impressive. As he was getting closer you heard him snorting and hooking his rack on anything he could. I was waiting to catch a glimpse (and hopefully a shot) of this beast but I got so focused on where he was walking in from I never even noticed the satellite bull get right in front of me. I made a move, the satellite bull took off and the big bad bull took off half a second later....and I never even got to take a look at him.

I never even got to see that bull and that was still one of my most exciting hunting experience I've ever had.

Nice Rough Bearing, I live in the Okanagan as well.

New Hoyt coming in two weeks and I’ve secured a hunting area for elk for next season.