Ellenberger manhandled Shields

I mean even aside from the KO, whenever Shields tried to take him down, Ellenberger looked like he was throwing aside a pesky child. They were on two entirely different levels of strength.

pretty much went down as I expected, though I didn't foresee the finish coming so quickly.

Shields just isn't that athletic.

Jake E is a fucking monster, I've been saying it for a while.

DamnSevern -  pretty much went down as I expected, though I didn't foresee the finish coming so quickly.

He may not be athletic but he's handled plenty of athletic dudes pretty easily, like Daley, Henderson, and Lawler. He never seemed especially lacking in strength (he had no trouble taking down Dan and keeping him down), but he was just out of his league tonight.

Daley offers little takedown defense

Henderson is pretty slow

He caught Lawler, I don't think he would've been able to take him down.

Jake is an athletic and powerful wrestler

He dropped Condit twice iirc.

didn't Jake's father pass away a couple weeks ago?    Maybe his head wasn't in it.

I'm sure it wasn't, I'm just remarking on what a beast Ellenberger is. No one has ragdolled Shields like that, not even GSP.

Not taking anything away from Ellenberger (no question that was a fantastic performance), but right from the outset it was clear that Shields just wasn't in this fight. He just looked slow and confused, and it was immediately evident that he was going to be on the losing end quickly.

Again, though, Ellenberger did great, so I'm not saying that it would've been much different if Shields had his head right.

shields didnt seem like he ate his wheaties but J- Berg is a beast. someone please post the gif of him rag dolling shields. rag doll.

DamnSevern -  pretty much went down as I expected, though I didn't foresee the finish coming so quickly.

Yep i feel stupid for being lazy and not laying my money down. Even if shields didnt have to deal with his dad, id still favor Ellenberger.

yeah, more than the KO, his wrestling defense impressed me more and is more important when sizing him up against GSP.

He's small which historically gave GSP problems on the feet (Serra and BJ in their first fight) and his wrestling looks really good.

Can this be the guy who eventually dethrones GSP?

He's only 26.  He needs more seasoning and experience but he sure looks promising.  I'd like him to fight the winner of hendricks/fitch or diego.

ww fights on tap:

Rory/white anderson silva

hendricks/fitch

brennaman/johnson

and Diego once his hand heals.

The winner of BJ/Diaz will likely get next title shot.

I think ellenberger should fight Diego and if he wins he should fight the winner of fitch/hendricks for next shot.

The winner of rory/ebersole should fight the winner of brennamen/johnson or the winner of hughes koscheck.