Elvis was hero to most

But he never meant shit to me.

WTF? Was Elvis a racist? And why hate on John Wayne?

tjmitch - But he never meant shit to me.

WTF? Was Elvis a racist? And why hate on John Wayne?

Chuck D has backed off on that stance in recent years, but many people still erroneously believe Elvis to have been a racist. I believe the beef with John Wayne has to do with him getting rich from pretending to beat up and shoot ethnic minorities, but I'm not sure of that.

mother fuck him AND John Wayne. Mosta my heroes don't appear on no stamps

I don't know where this Elvis was a racist thing comes from? I've heard that often over the years, usually from people who know nothing about him other than he was a singer.

These people need to go read some testimonials about the man, you can watch videos from his back up singers that were black and they have nothing but loving comments about him.

Liriodendron -

I don't know where this Elvis was a racist thing comes from? I've heard that often over the years, usually from people who know nothing about him other than he was a singer.

These people need to go read some testimonials about the man, you can watch videos from his back up singers that were black and they have nothing but loving comments about him.

On top of that, he actually threatened to cancel shows if they, the inspirations, were treated poorly. He ensured they stayed in the same hotels and were welcomed everywhere he was.

Elvis is credited fot popularizing black music to the masses.

Elvis was the single most influential rock performer in history.

Ironically, at the time Elvis was criticized for being too familiar with black people. The dude can't win.

mestregruber - Ironically, at the time Elvis was criticized for being too familiar with black people. The dude can't win.

Oh he won. On a level never seen before. He won over and over and over...........

Elvis paved the way for eminem

BigWave Dave - Elvis paved the way for eminem
He was the OW. Original Wigga

Hey, I happen to like John Wayne movies.....

mestregruber - Chuck D has backed off on that stance in recent years, but many people still erroneously believe Elvis to have been a racist. I believe the beef with John Wayne has to do with him getting rich from pretending to beat up and shoot ethnic minorities, but I'm not sure of that.

Most of his movies were westerns, where he shot mostly other white men.

His Vietnam movie, I have heard was a pro Vietnam piece, which wouldn't make him popular today.

Straight up racist that sucka was, simple and plain.

Elvis would have kicked Chuck D's ass.

Honky (Tonk) music