Eminem Can Never Be Considered GOAT.......

.......because he put out Encore and Relapse.

That'd be like Michael Jordan having two seasons in the middle of his career where he averaged 15 points per game. Respectable? Yes. GOAT? Absolutely not.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Eminem and consider him one of my favorite rappers, but I'm so sick of people proclaiming his greatness compared to some hip hop legends and conveniently forget that these albums were put out.

Lets face it. Is being the best in a generally shitty genre really that big of a deal anyway? Phone Post

What genre right now would you say is consistently putting out quality music? It certainly isn't rock.

There is already a 300 page discussion on this in the rap god thread.

I don't want to talk about Rap God. I want to talk about those who think Eminem is the GOAT.

Brasky - What genre right now would you say is consistently putting out quality music? It certainly isn't rock.

Touche Phone Post

Brasky - .......because he put out Encore and Relapse.

That'd be like Michael Jordan having two seasons in the middle of his career where he averaged 15 points per game. Respectable? Yes. GOAT? Absolutely not.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Eminem and consider him one of my favorite rappers, but I'm so sick of people proclaiming his greatness compared to some hip hop legends and conveniently forget that these albums were put out.
Those albums = Jordan with the Wizards? Phone Post 3.0

Samoa - 

Yeah, but only if those Wizards years came in the middle of his career. That's what makes how terrible they are stand out to me so much.

QuinTheEskimo - Lets face it. Is being the best in a generally shitty genre really that big of a deal anyway? Phone Post
I ain't seen nothing like this mighty post. Phone Post 3.0

Brasky -
Samoa - 

Yeah, but only if those Wizards years came in the middle of his career. That's what makes how terrible they are stand out to me so much.
He had even WORSE years with the Barons.....when he was late 20's right? ;) Phone Post 3.0

shootfighterbull -
QuinTheEskimo - Lets face it. Is being the best in a generally shitty genre really that big of a deal anyway? Phone Post
I ain't seen nothing like this mighty post. Phone Post 3.0

I love you for that post. Phone Post

Samoa - 
Brasky -
Samoa - 

He had even WORSE years with the Barons.....when he was late 20's right? ;) Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, but nobody argues that MJ was the greatest baseball player of all time.

Nas is GOAT and he put out plenty of clunkers.

Putting out bad records doesn't tarnish things, IMO. Longevity and continuous output are good things. Coming back from bad efforts is even more impressive.

I'm not speaking for Eminem because I'm not really a fan and don't know much of his career outside the obvious, but a couple clunkers shouldn't kill him.

Relapse was great Phone Post

Who do you consider the best rapper of all time OP? Phone Post 3.0

This new album sounds like it's gonna be horrid as well. I used to be a huge fan. Soldier, till I collapse, 8 mile, etc. He has occasional great cameos though. His own beats absolutely blow though. Quite incredible. Phone Post

JimmersonzGlove - 

Nas is GOAT and he put out plenty of clunkers.

Putting out bad records doesn't tarnish things, IMO. Longevity and continuous output are good things. Coming back from bad efforts is even more impressive.

I'm not speaking for Eminem because I'm not really a fan and don't know much of his career outside the obvious, but a couple clunkers shouldn't kill him.

Fucking this. Nas is the GOAT to me, but there isn't a rapper alive that hasn't put out disappointing albums. When you do it long enough it's inevitable. That's why I don't put BIG in that discussion, even though I still think he's top five.

I thought Encore was a good album. Wasn't a huge fan of Relapse but I'm still a huge Eminem fan.

Can you name some artists of any genre that consistently put out music that topped, or at least stayed on the same level as their previous albums? I think every artist has put out some bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

IAmBatman - Who do you consider the best rapper of all time OP? Phone Post 3.0

Mike D. Far more clever than most gangster rappers. Doesn't have monotonous flow like 95% of rappers. One of the longest spanning careers in the game. Phone Post

IAmBatman - Who do you consider the best rapper of all time OP? Phone Post 3.0

Just the common sense usuals. In no particular order: Rakim, Nas, Jay-Z, Biggie, Pac, Scarface etc.

I appreciate Enimem and have no problem with someone arguing that he's just on the outside of the top 5 or anything like that.......

I'm not saying that there aren't some very bright spots on the two albums I mentioned, but overall the quality is just not there.