Emmys Hit New Low Down 30%! MAGA!

Very SAD!

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/emmy-ratings-2019-awards-show-1203345607/

TV Ratings: Emmy Awards Hit New Low

Sunday night's hostless Emmys on Fox was likely hoping to emulate the Oscars ratings success in cutting out an emcee.

However, according to Nielsen figures, the 2019 Emmys have gone the way of seemingly all awards shows and plummeted to an all-time low.

Fox's broadcast averaged a 1.6 rating in the key 18-49 demographic and was watched by a total of 6.9 million viewers, a historic low for the awards show in both metrics. That also represents a 33% rating decline on last year's Monday night show on NBC and roughly the same on the 2017 ceremony which also aired on a Sunday night on CBS. For comparison, the previous four ceremonies were watched by 10.2 million viewers, 11.4 million viewers (in both 2017 and 2016) and 11.9 million viewers. 6.9 million total viewers is roughly one third of the total pairs of eyeballs the Emmys drew as recently as 2013.

6 Likes

award show viewership down.  this makes you happy?

1 Like
EFM -

Yes

3 Likes

Why is an award show's ratings being down maga?

Weird thing to celebrate

The Emmys is a show that is primarily for bored housewives anyway.

Why would anybody care about the ratings except for network execs?

Chimonos Revenge - Why is an award show's ratings being down maga?

Weird thing to celebrate

Hollywood hates America

5 Likes

I watched some of it with my wife and kids. 

Weird thing to celebrate

You Win the "I Care About Award Shows" award!

EFM, you're in second place.

I think 95% of all awards in any genre are horseshit...so I approve.

1 Like
camicom -

Weird thing to celebrate

Hollywood hates America

Assuming this is true... is Hollywood really hurting or just the award shows?

EFM -

Fuck yes it does - Americans are dumb already....no need to watch a show that features millionaires awarding each other because they're great at playing make believe while telling everybody in the real world how they should act....

2 Likes
I No Kung Foo - 

Weird thing to celebrate

lol, no i don't.

I didn't even know it was on.

In fact, i care so little about award shows that's why i find it puzzling why someone would be excited about a stupid awards show's ratings, up or down.

Stu Cazzo - 
EFM -

Fuck yes it does - Americans are dumb already....no need to watch a show that features millionaires awarding each other because they're great at playing make believe while telling everybody in the real world how they should act....

Isn't that what a political debate is?

A bunch of rich entitled liberals giving each other awards all while telling the rest of us how to live. 

im glad to see the viewership so low. It says the most of us aren't buying into Hollywood's nonsense. 

2 Likes

Just wondering, why are the trumpsters concerned about the Emmys? I didn't even know or care about them.

Chimonos Revenge -
I No Kung Foo - 

Weird thing to celebrate

lol, no i don't.

I didn't even know it was on.

In fact, i care so little about award shows that's why i find it puzzling why someone would be excited about a stupid awards show's ratings, up or down.

Don't be like that.  EFM is tearing up behind you and you're just making him feel bad.

Cause they're a joke and people see it more now 

camicom - 

Weird thing to celebrate

Hollywood hates America

lol, ok.

Im sure all of hollywood hates all of America.

Sounds like an accurate statement.

Chimonos Revenge - Why is an award show's ratings being down maga?

Weird thing to celebrate

i'm sure if the actors and actresses were grateful and thankful for the viewers, subscribers, advertisers etc.. rather than taking the time to turn it into a political hitjob on the POTUS and the 1/2 the country that voted for him... maybe it's failure wouldn't be celebrated

mixedmartialfarts -
camicom -

Weird thing to celebrate

Hollywood hates America

Assuming this is true... is Hollywood really hurting or just the award shows?

As of July it was down 10% https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-blues-2019-revenue-down-10-percent-midyear-1221934

My wife and I used to go see probably 7 or 8 movies a year, before Trump got elected. Now, bad movies, along with Hollywood's despicable attacks make going to a movie very rare. Just saw Rambo though. Very good movie.