Emojis? Telltale sign of an idiot?

Emojis are stupid. So are people who reply with 50 of them in a single response.

I tend to ignore people who use them.

My father called them "retard hieroglyphics" when we were having a drink one night.

What's the OG's opinion of them?

1 Like

Big fan of them in a casual conversation - sarcasm and humour don't always stand out in text format so it cements the context for me. But i dont use a million of them in a string.

4 Likes

5 Likes

They are a universal language that conveys meaning and tone.  They are an advanced language...you are a communications dinosaur OP.

:-)

UltraViolentRay -

Big fan of them in a casual conversation - sarcasm and humour don't always stand out in text format so it cements the context for me. But i dont use a million of them in a string.

ASCII > emojis

Emojis are for people with sub 80 IQ and teenage girls.

Noo, you are low IQ if think that dawgy bagz.  Emojis are the shit.

sacredhate -

They are a universal language that conveys meaning and tone.  They are an advanced language...you are a communications dinosaur OP.

Advanced? If you can't communicate with words and you have to mash pictures on your phone to make a point you have devolved.

O;)

they are handy to help explain the tone of your message when just text might be misunderstood.

also handy when you aren't overly interested in a conversation so you can reply with a 'thumbs up'.

1 Like

Pokanghoya - O;)

ASCII is aiight. Takes a slight effort to create. Not hitting the smiley button on your iPhone.

I could easily say i fucked OP's Mom....or just post an emoji to inform the masses....

Smiley Face Emoticons Driving Some People to Binge Drink and ...

1 Like

Wow. Didn't realize how many tards we have on here. Ha!

Al Cappucino -

I could easily say i fucked OP's Mom....or just post an emoji to inform the masses....

How do I know that's my mom and you?It  could very well be be your latest Grindr adventure.

Happiness Bunny -
Al Cappucino -

How do I know that's my mom and you?It  could very well be be your latest Grindr adventure.

Whenever a girl asks "Does my bum look big in this?" - GIF on Imgur

i don't use them other than to end a conversation.  i've found, generally a single thumps up or smiley face emoji means, "cool.  now stop texting me."

1 Like
Happiness Bunny -
sacredhate -

Advanced? If you can't communicate with words and you have to mash pictures on your phone to make a point you have devolved.

Universal language.  Common across cultures....I can send an emoji to anyone on the planet and communicate.

how many languages do you speak fluently?   How many can you write in?

sacredhate -
Happiness Bunny -
sacredhate -

Universal language.  Common across cultures....I can send an emoji to anyone on the planet and communicate.

hadn't thought about that.  good point sacredhate.

sacredhate -
Happiness Bunny -
sacredhate -

Universal language of the tard.

Happiness Bunny -
sacredhate -

You are the type of incel that uses an asterisk to tee up a bunch of shit like “tips hat in your direct”, “nervously approaches” and other shit to communicate with “words” aren’t you,  you fucking neck beard.