Emotional DILEMMA - Re: DOMESTIC ABUSE incident

Maybe people need to stop treating her with kid gloves and start telling her about herself. Phone Post 3.0

SevenFive - Maybe people need to stop treating her with kid gloves and start telling her about herself. Phone Post 3.0

ive been saying that shit from day one

ever since she was a kid, everyone was scared of her wrath, like WTF?!!?

now at 40 years old, nothing has changed...every member of her family, even extended, know not to "mess" with Mary

her sisters always said that the only person in the world for her was her husband, bc they cant imagine any other human being tolerating her BS

more background:  she is obv a career woman...when they were dating in college they mutually agreed on everything about their situation

when she attended a school in bumfuck PA, he quit his great job in NYC to move out there...worked remote for a while...until her career took them to new England

so now the husband (then boyfriend still) moved with her to new england and eventually lost his job for whatever reasons

when she came into her career and started earning $, they mutually dec ided that he would be the stay at home dad , raise the kids and do house shit while she made the $ working

apparently, according to the wife, she has been "unhappy" all these years bc she views her husband as a "loser" who doesnt have a career or job

it's just so funny how American women, as empowered as they are, can easily flip the switch and move on

it's like women like her can never be happy

what if roles were reveresed and she stayed home...guarantee she would say she is "unhappy" bc her husband works while she stays with the kids

if they both worked equally, she'd be "unhappy" bc they dont see each other, etc

anjd before any jokes...forgot to mention that the husband is black, mixed with white

DaveFu - 

VTFU!

Temp insanity.

I will post this comment and let the vote downs roll in.

21 years ago I slapped a woman that I loved. I had never before, and never since done anything remotely like that.

We were both sober, middle of the day. We were arguing about something small when she blurts out "oh yeah? Well I fucked Ed (my so called friend) last week.

And it happened. There was no thought involved. I don't remember thinking anything at all, I just suddenly saw all white and as I heard the sound I realized what I had just done.

It was so completely against my nature and what I believe in. To this day I don't know why it happened, how I allowed it to happen. But it happened. 21 years later and just trying to type this makes me want to crawl into a hole and blow my brains out.

I have put thousands of hours of thought into it over the years, and I still can't come up with anything other than it just... happened. I was madly in love with this woman, would have wifed her. Would have murdered anyone that touched her.
Hearing her say she cheated just set off a switch in my brain. There was exactly zero, at least conscious, thought to any of it. Phone Post 3.0

It all comes down to this you can only push someone so far before they snap and sounds like he finally did in a big way if she is the way you say she is it was probably festering inside him and this pushed him over the edge Phone Post 3.0

He shouldn't have hit her, but she is a complete cunt.

And she knows goddamn good and well what she said that made him snap.

You and your family need to sack up and give her a talking to.

GJdeux - saying he is the most gentle guy, etc....you don't really know. No one except the people living in that house know what was going on. I have a friend whose husband is the nicest guy, willing help, is a good friend.... he emotionally abuses her to tears. He locks her in the bathroom or whatever room he can when she tries to leave and just recently raped her. You never ever know what is really going on or just how someone really is unless you are around them 24/7. My friend did finally get out btw.

from the wife, herself......she said he has never ever shown any capacity for violence...not even verbal shit like cursing at her or emotional/verbal abuse

zero, zilch, nothing....which falls in line with what everyone else already knows

she wore the pants in the relationshoip, obviously, and everyone always joked about how he was a "Saint"

the wife's sisters have been talking to her asking if there was any history or warning signs....and the wife said he has been quicker to bring up divorce in arguments than ever before...and that was it

even the wife was very wishy washy when trying to think of any warning signs that the guy would have done this

the wife's sisters are waiting for a call from the husband when he returns to wherever (wife already changed locks to home, and invites the coworker over)

PatK - He shouldn't have hit her, but she is a complete cunt.

And she knows goddamn good and well what she said that made him snap.

You and your family need to sack up and give her a talking to.

the fact that she is unsure if she revealed to him or not is telling

she blames the losing consciousness from the hit, but everyone knows that she'll throw back a few drinks at parties

not saying she did, but we guess and assume she was also drunk/buzzed as well.......still waiting to hear more

MountainMedic - Temp insanity.

I will post this comment and let the vote downs roll in.

21 years ago I slapped a woman that I loved. I had never before, and never since done anything remotely like that.

We were both sober, middle of the day. We were arguing about something small when she blurts out "oh yeah? Well I fucked Ed (my so called friend) last week.

And it happened. There was no thought involved. I don't remember thinking anything at all, I just suddenly saw all white and as I heard the sound I realized what I had just done.

It was so completely against my nature and what I believe in. To this day I don't know why it happened, how I allowed it to happen. But it happened. 21 years later and just trying to type this makes me want to crawl into a hole and blow my brains out.

I have put thousands of hours of thought into it over the years, and I still can't come up with anything other than it just... happened. I was madly in love with this woman, would have wifed her. Would have murdered anyone that touched her.
Hearing her say she cheated just set off a switch in my brain. There was exactly zero, at least conscious, thought to any of it. Phone Post 3.0

that's exacty what i think happened

like i mentioned, first thing in my head

does he have a brain tumor or something making him lash out uncharacteristically?

Ed Okin -

Men that hit women are cowardly scumbags. End of story. Real men can control themselves.

How do you feel about women who cheat on their husbands ?

i went out with a girl who had serious rage issues for over 3 years. I cannot imagine what that would do to someone over 20 years. If you haven't lived through that it's fairly shitty to judge him as if it was a straight choice to assault her.

that said, violence is always best avoided! Sad situation, she sounds awful