England planning to resume sports from June 1

Top-level sport in England could restart behind closed doors from June 1 but spectators may not be able to attend venues until a coronavirus vaccine is found.

The government's road map for exiting the lockdown, imposed to limit the spread of coronavirus, was published on Monday afternoon, setting out the conditions under which various activities can be safely carried out.

Step two of the road map, which cannot begin any earlier than June 1, includes "permitting cultural and sporting events to take place behind closed-doors for broadcast, while avoiding the risk of large-scale social contact".

This will only be possible though if sufficient progress is made in limiting the spread of the virus between now and then, but the document entitled 'Our Plan to Rebuild: The UK government's Covid-19 Recovery Strategy' says that "organisations should plan accordingly".

It is less clear when supporters will be able to return to venues. The document talks about venues such as cinemas and hairdressers reopening in step three - no earlier than July 4 - but states: "Some venues which are, by design, crowded and where it may prove difficult to enact distancing may still not be able to reopen safely at this point, or may be able to open safely only in part.

"Nevertheless the Government will wish to open as many businesses and public places as the data and information at the time allows.

"In order to facilitate the fastest possible reopening of these types of higher-risk businesses and public places, the Government will carefully phase and pilot reopenings to test their ability to adopt the new COVID-19 Secure guidelines.

"The Government will also monitor carefully the effects of reopening other similar establishments elsewhere in the world, as this happens.

"The Government will establish a series of task forces to work closely with stakeholders in these sectors to develop ways in which they can make these businesses and public places COVID-19 Secure."

Page 21 of the document warns opening of venues such as sports stadia "may only be fully possible significantly later depending on the reduction in numbers of infections".

The Sunday Supplement panel argued in favour of Premier League football returning soon - as safely as possible - for economic and social reasons.

Premier League clubs met on Monday to discuss the next steps for 'Project Restart' and while the panel acknowledged it will be vital to heed medical advice to protect players and their families, they believe there are compelling arguments for the game to resume.

OMG were all gonna die! What if one of these English soccer men come visit my grandparents in Arizona and get them killed?!

cant we just stay in doors until nothing bad in the world ever happens again? 

-Libby 

1 Like

Will rival hooligans fight each other outside of the stadium while wearing the proper protective equipment?

DollawayGotFistedByAPillow - 

OMG were all gonna die! What if one of these English soccer men come visit my grandparents in Arizona and get them killed?!

-Libby 

Seriously!

Who cares if only thousands of people die and it can be mitigated. I just want my TGI Fridays baby-backed ribs, god-dammit!

Ministry of Truth -

-Libby 

Seriously!

Who cares if only thousands of people die and it can be mitigated. I just want my TGI Fridays baby-backed ribs, god-dammit!

Seriously....I mean, most of the people dying are over the age of 40, so they're basically on their death bed anyways. Serves them right too, the ones who were born with a pre exisiting condition. Ugh, they disgust me. Anybody who isn't in their mid 30's or younger and in perfect health basically deserves to die. Now excuse me, i'm on my way to protest abortion at my local planned parenthood!

3 Likes

SpunQ - 
spjackson77 -
Ministry of Truth -

-Libby 

Seriously!

Seriously....I mean, most of the people dying are over the age of 40, so they're basically on their death bed anyways. Serves them right too, the ones who were born with a pre exisiting condition. Ugh, they disgust me. Anybody who isn't in their mid 30's or younger and in perfect health basically deserves to die. Now excuse me, i'm on my way to protest abortion at my local planned parenthood!

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-95-of-victims-in-england-hospitals-had-underlying-health-conditions-11979733

In a small number of cases, it was not possible to confirm if a patient did or did not have an underlying health condition.

But for those where it was, 95% were found to have serious pre-existing issues.

In patients over 80-years-old this figure was 96%, 60-79-years-old 95%, 40-59-years-old 88% and 20-39-years-old 82%.

Open!

I don't see any reason why we need to care about those who are sick already. Let nature take its course!

I want my TGI Fridays baby-backed ribs, god-dammit!

Ministry of Truth - 
SpunQ - 
spjackson77 -
Ministry of Truth -

-Libby 

Seriously!

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-95-of-victims-in-england-hospitals-had-underlying-health-conditions-11979733

In a small number of cases, it was not possible to confirm if a patient did or did not have an underlying health condition.

In patients over 80-years-old this figure was 96%, 60-79-years-old 95%, 40-59-years-old 88% and 20-39-years-old 82%.

Open!

I don't see any reason why we need to care about those who are sick already. Let nature take its course!

They're called baby back ribs you fucking retartd

SpunQ - 
Ministry of Truth -
SpunQ - 
spjackson77 -
Ministry of Truth -

-Libby 

Seriously!

Open!

Normal people when sick avoid the elderly and vulnerable.

Good point. And luckily with this virus, you can't have it and not know it.

1 Like

Ministry of Truth -

-Libby 

Seriously!

Get a load of this fucking genius - his name is Ministry of Truth and he’s begging us to trust the government....

1 Like

PatK - 
Ministry of Truth - 
SpunQ - 
spjackson77 -
Ministry of Truth -

-Libby 

Seriously!

Open!

They're called baby back ribs you fucking retartd

Sorry bra. I'm on my 17th Schlitz.

Will be strange without fans at the stadiums but I’ll be happy to see sports again.

SpunQ - 
Ministry of Truth -
SpunQ - 
Ministry of Truth -
SpunQ - 
spjackson77 -
Ministry of Truth -

-Libby 

Seriously!

Open!

Normal people when sick avoid the elderly and vulnerable.

Good point. And luckily with this virus, you can't have it and not know it.

Sarcasm detected but the first signs are smell and taste loss.

So what you're saying is there's actually some benefits, especially if your mom isn't a good cook.

spjackson77 -
Ministry of Truth -

-Libby 

Seriously!

It’s not going away. You idiots are pretending it won’t be coming back every season. 

Ministry of Truth -

-Libby 

Seriously!

Suck a dick you retard.

MLB may be opening up in July without fans

Ministry of Truth - 

-Libby 

Seriously!

Small businesses are dying right now and we've got NYers traveling all across the country in droves making this entire lockdown pointless. It is doing more harm than good at this point in time.

Shit, I took troll bait.

Ten lashings for me.

Let's get this shit started in the US.

Ministry of Truth -

-Libby 

Seriously!

Okay baby, stay inside and suck your thumb until the rainbows and unicorns come and tell you it is safe. 

In the meantime those of us that take care of ourselves and are willing to risk certain death should be allowed to make our own decision. Tell ya what I won’t come visit at risk people for common sense purposes.