Enough "do-over" rematches

Shogun/Machida
Frankie/BJ
Frankie/Maynard
etc

Sometimes a fight is close and/or the scoring doesn't agree with the fans' opinions. That's life, you don't get a second chance at everything!

It's also unfair to the rest of the division, who have to either take another fight and risk losing, or wait without a paycheck.

I agree, but it seems once they think they hit the lotto, they milk it.

Real fans like us get fucked

Whoabro take it easy :-)

Sorry dude..do over!! Immediately!!

It should've went to a 6th round. And yes, I'm being serious. Phone Post

i want to watch frankie vs pettis more than frankie vs maynard II

Do you think we'll ever see "overtime" in MMA? Because, in my opinion, no championship fight should ever end in a draw.

i can't stand it. especially with two guys who have a problem finishing a glass of water

Lol for YOU not wanting to see this fight again asap! That was one of the best fights I've ever seen. They should fight on every card!! Phone Post

War Mir - It doesn't just natter what you want though. Gray deserves another shot after that. It's not all about us.

Sorry bro, to be the champ you have to beat the champ... he didn't win... shuffle him to the back again

A 21 Second BJ -  i want to watch frankie vs pettis more than frankie vs maynard II

MMA much?  This will be their third fight.

should never be a draw in a title fight. OVERTIME!!!!

It's not that I don't think a legit draw like this deserves some resolution but Pettis is the one getting fucked more than anyone. Considering what a breath of fresh air that kid is to the title picture, it's just a shitty situation... Phone Post

Pink Bunkadoo - well if they gave bj a rematch after a clear loss, they almost have to give gray one after a draw (though I thought he won) But yea, I'm sick of rematches. The challenger got the shot, didn't get the job done, so move on and beat the crap out of everyone to get another shot.

Agreed.

Championship matches are by nature going to be very close in many cases. Do we really want to set the precedent that if you come CLOSE to beating the champ, but don't quite pull it off, you get another chance immediately??

andrewilbe - 
whoabro - 
Pink Bunkadoo - well if they gave bj a rematch after a clear loss, they almost have to give gray one after a draw (though I thought he won) But yea, I'm sick of rematches. The challenger got the shot, didn't get the job done, so move on and beat the crap out of everyone to get another shot.

Agreed.

Championship matches are by nature going to be very close in many cases. Do we really want to set the precedent that if you come CLOSE to beating the champ, but don't quite pull it off, you get another chance immediately??

yes, if YOU'RE undeafeted, and they champs only lose is to YOU, and your fight was a DRAW. Then a rematch is necessary.

Tell me exactly what Pettis has done to deserve a shot at Frankie more then Grey?

He's the other champion and the belts need to be unified. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Gray had his shot, couldn't close the deal, now the next guy gets HIS shot. Very simple IMO.

So Gray is still undefeated, and Frank's only loss is still to Gray, but he's the champ. The fight goes to a draw, and undefeated Gray should be shuffled to the back? Yeah, that makes sense. Phone Post

makes perfect sense to me. something things get messy like that. it's a sport, you can't control the outcomes.