Eric Andre is not funny

southweststalker -

Both of you are wrong.  His interview with TI is the best thing ever recorded 

This. 

The Eric Andre show was fantastic. Mostly just the awkward as fuck interviews, not so much the street skits. Ya'll motherfuckers need to bird up.

This show was like pure boiled down entertainment. 

I was on the pilot episode of his show. 

I like his show. I got maybe 10 mins into his standup. That was someone who just took the Netflix money and barely worked at putting a special together. 

Phuckles - 

good lord...that was awful

I didn't think the show was funny either. Just acting like a retard while the guests pretend they don't get it... 

2 Likes

Ranch it up! 

MarcusAurelioFan -

You can taste it with your ball....... With your.balls.not your penis..... At gun point lol

Turned it off when he did the facetime with the mom... lame

I haven't watched his special and probably won't.  He isn't anything special, although he can be funny. I've lost hope of one of my favorite bits of comedy.  I'm not so much commenting on Andre as much as I'm just here to complain about the current status of stand up comedy. 

It sucks. 

One of my favorite home entertainment activities used to be watching stand up comedy acts or actually going to see them live too. That's gone. Nobody is a star worth watching anymore.  Many comedians can still tell some funny ass jokes, but as a whole its not a good act.  I think Dave Chappelle can still pull it off and kill it, maybe not like before,  but he's still pretty entertaining. After him it just seems like such a drop off.

I liked Russell Peters in his first couple shows,  but he's really fallen off. Bill Burr was good for a bit,  but I think fell off too. Don't really need to get into what happened with Louis CK. I was never much of a fan of Kevin Hart, but he can have his funny moments. I don't think Aziz is all that great.  I just don't feel like there are any must watch comedians right now,  outside of maybe Chappelle.

I recognize there are other guys,  like Mulaney, but they are funny in moments.  I miss the comedic superstars. I don't know if we are just in a downtime or it has to do with the very sensitive, canceling nature of society. 

I miss great comedy. 

KingFanPaul - 

I haven't watched his special and probably won't.  He isn't anything special, although he can be funny. I've lost hope of one of my favorite bits of comedy.  I'm not so much commenting on Andre as much as I'm just here to complain about the current status of stand up comedy. 

It sucks. 

One of my favorite home entertainment activities used to be watching stand up comedy acts or actually going to see them live too. That's gone. Nobody is a star worth watching anymore.  Many comedians can still tell some funny ass jokes, but as a whole its not a good act.  I think Dave Chappelle can still pull it off and kill it, maybe not like before,  but he's still pretty entertaining. After him it just seems like such a drop off.

I liked Russell Peters in his first couple shows,  but he's really fallen off. Bill Burr was good for a bit,  but I think fell off too. Don't really need to get into what happened with Louis CK. I was never much of a fan of Kevin Hart, but he can have his funny moments. I don't think Aziz is all that great.  I just don't feel like there are any must watch comedians right now,  outside of maybe Chappelle.

I recognize there are other guys,  like Mulaney, but they are funny in moments.  I miss the comedic superstars. I don't know if we are just in a downtime or it has to do with the very sensitive, canceling nature of society. 

I miss great comedy. 

I honestly just don't find most stand-up comedy funny.

There's a little here & there I'll chuckle at - not often.

There's also a small part of it that just doesn't make me laugh.

The rest of it feels like I'm either being preached at (i.e. - yet another celebrity is using a platform to "make a statement"...and almost never in a genuinely insightful manner the way Carlin used to for instance) or it's someone going stupidly over-the-top (e.g. - a bunch of yelling, massive overuse of crazy adjectives, being overly dirty just for the sake of being dirty, etc) in a seeming attempt to cover up the fact that they're just not really that clever.

2 Likes

My favorite moments of his special were the toned down ones where he's actually doing stand up. Him acting crazy in that format comes off as desperate for an easy laugh.