ESCAPING THE TRIANGLE CHOKE!

sweet always had truble w/ the triangle.......thx

TW, bring ur trapped fingers back out fingers first...

Sup Scott. Naw wont be back in the Bay Area anytime soon. Things are going well in Japan. Gonna start shootboxing=).

TTT

It really says something about the current state of the UG when a really good technique thread like this drops as fast as it has :(

TTT

ttt

TTT for the techs...

ttt

pure-bred e-mail me your tips from now on, i will listen
doomsday
theendofdays@hotmail.com

i said some of the same things in the last triangle counter thread..No body said anything..LOL

i guess cause im not "known". my tips were just ignored..lol

I never made it through the the first tech. because i was LMAO.. I got to (inserting ur fingers first) and just lost it.

ttt

I'm with Erostratus, why not slam???

-Nick-

ttt

If only more posts could be of this caliber!!!

Great Post 'nhb boy'!

Ryan, can I get your e-mail. I'd like to ask you some shooto questions. Thanks.

hfishnet@earthlink.net

Thanks for the info

Check your opponents oil.

Works for me.

kempo - first let me say you freaked me the F$%k out - the way you mispelled my name screiter - instead of sreiter, i got into a hugh internet war this this guy from fla. would would spell it that way too. - it's weird you would both misspell it the same way - anyway - a well sank triangle is almost impossible to get out of - the counter where you lift the guy off the mat, while bear hugging his leg is impossible to switch to any other sub since your dangling the guy on the bottom above the mat- all the counters are premised on the notion you pull your arm from betwwen his legs - like the "stack" counter to a arm bar - you stack him, keep the pressure frocing his legs over his head and towards the mat - then work your arm out without changing positions, you dont stack the guy, then stand up and try to pull your arm out - it's the same kinda thing. plus even if it did lead to another sub - so what - you gotta deal with the clear and present danger - if i do a foward roll outta a omo plata -i leave the arm bar open - i'll worry about that when he takes it -in the mean time i have to defend the shoulder lock - say thing. plus when guys are REAL good - no matter what you do, you are always defending a submition. i'm no pusher over - but i've gone against guy's who have you in another submition the second you escape from the previous one. their transitions are unbelievable -

the only escape that I have learned from where the triangle is on all the way(arm all the way over) is this- say your right arm is deep in the triangle. Get a good base with your feet coming up onto your toes. Now quickly swing your legs around counter-clockwise so that you are perpendicular with his body, and at the same time you have to pop your shoulders back into alignment with your body this should pop the triangle open.

Yes this is a dangerous escape, because if you do not pop it you have actually tightened the triangle for them. What do you guys think of this, it has worked for me many times but has also got me submited because I went for it.

here is the way I know out.You stack the guy but not directly overhim you have to press 45 degrees to the side your arm isnt trapped on.You do this while you turn your head to drive your chin into the leg that crosses behind your neck (towards your drive).While your stacking forwards 45degrees,you drive your head and upper body dropping your shoulder on your trapped arm to create more pressure.You can then drop a knee on his chest (knee on trapped arm side).Is this a technique anyones familiar with?