ESPN BOXING MARATHON

4 Likes

Nice thanks!!!

TTT

1 Like

That was like a rocky movie

1 Like

Throw in a Gatti vs Ward fight and I’m done.

2 Likes

Looks like a crush of commercials between rounds, to stretch it out. I'll DVR it all and fast forward later.

Heystro -

Damn, Tyson sent Berbick to  Queer Street!

Orcus' alt account is furiously googling the location of Queer Street.

1 Like

I've watched them all so many times that I haven't bothered to tune in.  That said I'd watch them if bored except De La Hoya vs Trinidad.  You'd have to pay me to watch that again.  I remember the cable ppv broadcast cut out before they got to the post fight interviews and everybody freaked out but me being the real boxing fan in the house didn't given a fuck. 

Great rewatching the first Ali v Frazier... what a fight!

1 Like

Why do they always have the need to replay Ali fights or Tyson fights ??? 

yes Ali was the greatest, but his fights were boring , and the only fights they show are the Frazier fights , god damn show something different for fucks sake...and Tyson, everyone has already seen all his fights ...

why not show some Alexis arguello, Salvador Sanchez , more of JCC, Duran , some of the lighter weight clases who were 10X more interesting , Roy Jones , fenech, galaxy, azumah Nelson, James toney , the hawk Jackson , gatti , the body snatcher...etc etc 

im not watching that marathon 

Heystro -
dios -

yes Ali was the greatest, but his fights were boring , and the only fights they show are the Frazier fights , god damn show something different for fucks sake...and Tyson, everyone has already seen all his fights ...

why not show some Alexis arguello, Salvador Sanchez , more of JCC, Duran , some of the lighter weight clases who were 10X more interesting , Roy Jones , fenech, galaxy, azumah Nelson, James toney , the hawk Jackson , gatti , the body snatcher...etc etc 

I"ll drink to that..

Ward vs Gatti

Corrales vs Castillo

Tyson vs Douglass.  Not because the fight was good. Just the shock of Tyson getting dropped.

Absolutely , cheers !

1 Like

dios -

They said this was the first time they'd shown the first Frazier/Ali fight on network TV in almost 30 years.

dios -

Ali/Foreman was very very far from boring. 

That was an awesome marathon. Sure, there are some fights that could have replaced some of these, but that was better than 99% of ESPN’s normal programming. I loved it. Had last seen Hagler/ Hearns in grade school. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Awesome