ESPN flames Ben Askren

Dont know who Jeff Wagonheim is. But he slid this little gem into his column about Usman vs Jorge:

In one of the more ironic examples of the pot calling the kettle black, Ben Askren tweeted, "This fight is boring as s---." Maybe he has a point. It wasn't as exciting as a 5-second KO.

Cracked me up! Who is this guy? Whys he throwing shade?

2 Likes

Askrens entire UFC was an embarrassment so he should expect shade thrown back at him every time. 

2 Likes

The man in the shirt. 

2 Likes

Jeff Wagenheim is probably the best writer covering MMA regularly. And that was pretty funny :-)

1 Like
Jones right nostril -

Askrens entire UFC was an embarrassment so he should expect shade thrown back at him every time. 

Beating Lawler an embarrassment? 

2 Likes

Why is it ironic? Why is it pot meeting kettle? None of Asren’s fights in the UFC were boring. And this Usman fight was indeed boring.

redruM14 - 
Jones right nostril -

Askren didn’t look good against Lawler

1 Like

I've said it before Ben beats Masvidal a big majority of the time. Maybe 9 out of 10. Usman showed last night that you can just use wrestling and beat Masvidal. What Usman did last night Ben could have done better. Ben did damage and Ben had a lot of finishes.

That was a good comeback response from the writer though. 

2 Likes

Im not CRE, but askren only had one decision win in like the past 7+ years

I guess he was boring when he TKOs and Subs people too?

Jones right nostril -

Beat Lawler and his back and forth again Maia was awesome. Are you serious? 

Ben saying the fight was boring as shit, to me I thought he was making a self aware joke. I found it pretty funny at least. 

Colby Covid19ington - Why is it ironic? Why is it pot meeting kettle? None of Asren's fights in the UFC were boring. And this Usman fight was indeed boring.

Askren was never able to impose his will on any opponents in the UFC …Had he been able to, his fights wouod have been much more boring than even Usmans was last night.

Pulala -
redruM14 - 
Jones right nostril -

Herb Dean literally saved Lawler’s life that night.

Helgaiden -

Ben saying the fight was boring as shit, to me I thought he was making a self aware joke. I found it pretty funny at least. 

/\

I chuckled. The only time Ben was ever exciting in or out of the cage is when he was getting lit up or spiked on his head 

Kirik Jr - 

Dont know who Jeff Wagonheim is. But he slid this little gem into his column about Usman vs Jorge:

In one of the more ironic examples of the pot calling the kettle black, Ben Askren tweeted, "This fight is boring as s---." Maybe he has a point. It wasn't as exciting as a 5-second KO.

Cracked me up! Who is this guy? Whys he throwing shade?

He’s the old plump dude with glasses and tropical shirts from The MMA Beat

1 Like
Pulala -
redruM14 - 
Jones right nostril -

he came back from shots that nobody i can think of would come back from. then almost squeezed Robbies brain out the top of his head.

BrckNoHitBk - 
Pulala -
redruM14 - 
Jones right nostril -

he came back from shots that nobody i can think of would come back from. then almost squeezed Robbies brain out the top of his head.

Askren got his ass whooped and won on a shady stoppage. Deal.

Jones right nostril -
BrckNoHitBk - 
Pulala -
redruM14 - 
Jones right nostril -

Askren got his ass whooped and won on a shady stoppage. Deal.

It was a great stoppage. The way Ben was positioned he had a lot of torque on Robbie neck. Robbie neck will probably be OK in that situation as long as Robbie is awake and using his neck muscles to resist the torque but if he goes to sleep things could get ugly there real fast if Ben torques in the wrong direction. Herb had no choice but to stop the fight when Robbie’s hand dropped the way it did.