ESPN front page: conor ducking khabib

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/18072537/ufc-lightweight-khabib-nurmagomedov-demands-title-shot-conor-mcgregor

and so it begins...

Khabib is the best.

Honestly as much as Conor made a real believer out of me I can't get passed how fucking nasty Khabib is.

As the media learns more about this bear wrestler, would love more pressure on Dana and Conor to make this fight happen

two dominant fighters, totally different, going at it on the worlds stage. US watching, UK watching, Russia watching...

can't see dana itching to make this fight... horrible match-up for the golden boy and not a very marketable guy in Khabib... though maybe I'm wrong, for a foreign wrestler, khabib is getting more mainstream mentions that I'd have figured...

ImOldGreg - 

As the media learns more about this bear wrestler, would love more pressure on Dana and Conor to make this fight happen

two dominant fighters, totally different, going at it on the worlds stage. US watching, UK watching, Russia watching...

the ufc could market the shit out of this fight if they wanted to make it huge...the two guys are polar opposites in pretty much every way imaginable and the lead up would be intense...

gokudamus -
ImOldGreg - 

the ufc could market the shit out of this fight if they wanted to make it huge...the two guys are polar opposites in pretty much every way imaginable and the lead up would be intense...

Absolutely

I think conors fighting stance and ability to keep the distance really poses a problem for wrestlers getting a take down. I think this was discussed on the mma hour with kavanagh. Going for the takedown is a bit dangerous. Catching a knee or uppercut. The more time conor has to improve on his ground game amd takedown defense. The harder it will be for any wrestler to get him to the ground. Even khabib. Phone Post 3.0

How long before dana bashes ESPN and revokes their press credentials?

Hahah

ImOldGreg -

Conor's Irish.

jayduane - I think conors fighting stance and ability to keep the distance really poses a problem for wrestlers getting a take down. I think this was discussed on the mma hour with kavanagh. Going for the takedown is a bit dangerous. Catching a knee or uppercut. The more time conor has to improve on his ground game amd takedown defense. The harder it will be for any wrestler to get him to the ground. Even khabib. Phone Post 3.0

definitely dangerous, but can be done..even eddie got on the inside a couple times but inexplicably backed off to continue striking...you know if khabib gets on the inside he will be chaining shots until he gets something...he wont back off

Can you duck a guy not even a week after you won the belt?

Man, these coaches like to talk more than the fighters...worked out great for Mark Henry. Phone Post 3.0

SurgicalGloves - Can you duck a guy not even a week after you won the belt?

Man, these coaches like to talk more than the fighters...worked out great for Mark Henry. Phone Post 3.0

sure you can...both conman and his coach have already said they dont want to fight khabib...that in and of itself tells you something...especially when conor is supposed to be the guy that fights anyone, anytime at any weight

After Michael Johnson made him do a dance, Conor should be happy to step in there and baptize Khabib

gokudamus -

sure you can...both conman and his coach have already said they dont want to fight khabib...that in and of itself tells you something...especially when conor is supposed to be the guy that fights anyone, anytime at any weight
You can call it ducking when a bout agreement is turned down.

Till then it's just another coach blowing out hot air for his guy.

Tony Ferguson deserves the shot way more than Khabib right now in the first place. You can't sit out for damn near 2 years and expect the division to pick up where it left off with you.

Would TJ Grant deserve a title shot if he showed back up?

As it stands right now Khabib has beat Darrell Horcher and Michael Johnson. Either fight Ferguson for the contender shot or give it to Tony but Khabib's absence for 2 years moved him to the back of the line by default.

It's time to start holding people accountable for constant injuries. Phone Post 3.0

This publicity can only be a good thing, the more people talk the more likely the fight gets made 

SurgicalGloves - 
gokudamus -

You can call it ducking when a bout agreement is turned down.

Till then it's just another coach blowing out hot air for his guy.

Tony Ferguson deserves the shot way more than Khabib right now in the first place. You can't sit out for damn near 2 years and expect the division to pick up where it left off with you.

Would TJ Grant deserve a title shot if he showed back up?

As it stands right now Khabib has beat Darrell Horcher and Michael Johnson. Either fight Ferguson for the contender shot or give it to Tony but Khabib's absence for 2 years moved him to the back of the line by default.

It's time to start holding people accountable for constant injuries. Phone Post 3.0

nahhh...you dont have to receive a bout agreement to duck someone...

and pretty sure khabib is more than 2-0 bub...yes hes been injured, but hes the same person, same skills, etc. you cant completely eliminate what he did, including smashing the guy that last beat tony..

that being said, frankly tony deserves it too...even khabib himself said this...i wouldnt be angry if tony got a shot, but thats a difficult matchup for conman too with his chin, reach and wrestling....

my guess is conman is angling for diaz III or woodley

I like Conor. But Khabib is Better fighter Phone Post 3.0

Conor's words:

"Pull-out merchant."

Khabib predicted if Conor gets the 155 lb title Conor will choose not to fight him. Conor will pick a striker as his next opponent. I think that's a good prediction, considering his camp is already trying to push towards another fight with Nate. 

Is Russia part of their ppv market or do they have a TV deal?