ESPN Home page right now!

http://espn.go.com/

nice!

Nice.

I remember the first time UFC had appeared on the sportsline(or whatever you call the bottom where they give the newest sports updates/scores) and everyone was in aw.

Now they talk about it on their shows, have mma fighters on as guest, show highlight clips of important fights.

Seems like only a couple years ago that UFC first appeared on ESPN

The Jones video on the front page.. or am missing something?

Clarence Parents - The Jones video on the front page.. or am I missing something?

He's the most well spoken guy in MMA, outside of Chael - although he brings an entirely different attitude.

Print Scr it

and MMA fans will remember it for the rest of our lives. GAH

^LOL just as when I posted that. Nicely done DamnSevern

Most of espn hates mma or acts like its noting. Its cool they got on the front page

I saw that earlier at work, awesome! Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Most of espn hates mma or acts like its noting. Its cool they got on the front page

And they [ESPN including most other sport media] is absolutely enthralled and inspired by a bunch of millionaires and billionaires who refuse to play and will argue for MONTHS over a game when the numbers are off by a millionth of a percentage point.

Is this the 1st time mma was a main homepage article BEFORE a fight? Phone Post

UFC has definitely been front page before a fight.

Chuck vs Tito 2 or Chuck vs Rampage were on the front page.

Jones is good for the sport.

Looking mainstream from here

demzor - UFC has definitely been front page before a fight.

Chuck vs Tito 2 or Chuck vs Rampage were on the front page.

Nope, Neither of those 2 were front page/main articles pre-fight. Phone Post

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddd onto the next 6 months of the MMA blackout. Seriously thought every paper I read only covers [mentions at all] MMA if there is something remotely negative that can be drawn from it. It goes way way way beyond people aversion to prize fighting. As I have said before, it is quite okay to be factually incorrect, or juvenility unfair on something about MMA in the "sports media" if you have contributed to the silly superhero narrative in MLB,NHL,NFL.

You people of course understand that to have respect in the sports world, your accomplishments have to be metaphorical and symbolic.

Even further than that, you have to have been taught how to act like a thug who has suddenly been elected mayor of a town during college. Until you beat the shit out a few fellow students and nearly cause a riot on campus, you simply do not have Michael Wilbon's respect.

Awesome.
MMA keeps growing and getting more mainstream.

it's like a determined salmon trying to spawn

Jason showing his noobness with MMA ;)