ESPN: "Someone paid $50 for $553 UFC 159 ticket"

via darren rovell "ESPN Sports Business Reporter & Business Correspondent, ABC News"

"UFC PR’s Dave Sholler tweeted defending the UFC and its attendance indicating that it mattered and then Dana White sent a tweet professing that its numbers are improving and would prove it by sending it to the ESPN Sports Biz guy.  We will see if Rovell gets that information.  We’ll have more on this interesting story later."

http://mmapayout.com/2013/04/ufc-159-payout-perspective/ 

stop buying ppv's or a not to UFC stop selling crappy PPV's to Johnny public.. UFC's ego will destroy them

thirdleg - smoke cones = gay oral sex?

British or Canadian for smoking cone shaped joints you American slob

one guy got a cheap ticket? Oh no, the ufc is going under!

And yes, I never buy from ticketmaster I wait til the last week and hit up ebay for a much better deal. The $50 for a $553 seat though is an anomaly not the norm, that person must have been desperate. Selling the more expensive seats is definitely more difficult though

146 and 148 were pretty full. UFC 155 was crowded, but not many Americans, mostly Brazillians and Mexicans. UFC 156 was basically a ghost town. They comp a lot of tickets to Vegas shows as well, two girls sat behind me right before the main event at 155 and had no idea who JDS or Cain were, and hated it as soon as it started

I know someone who paid $3.50 and a coupon for a free chicken dinner to Popeyes for cage side.

The arena was packed when we walked in around 815. I was surprised how full the upper sections were too especially during the prelims. Phone Post 3.0

I was there paid $600 for 2 $553 tix.. I got baked outta my head @ my seat cageside... The view isn't as good as tv but the feeling in the place is better then watching any PPV Phone Post 3.0

Zed Wayne Zed - Yerp.

I'm never going live again, unless I get a free ticket.

Until I can smoke cones and not have to wait in line-ups to pee, and actually see the fights, I'm not going back.

The at-home experience is the best.

Plus, the agro-metal intro makes me hyper.....

I was there I paid $600 for 2 $553 dollar tix...I got baked outta my mind in my seat cageside...The view isn't as good as tv but the feeling in the place is better then atching any PPV(sorry double post my 1st post haha)

or maybe someone was just really desperate to get rid of his tickets quickly. Stupid article.

Kick Boxe -

And yes, I never buy from ticketmaster I wait til the last week and hit up ebay for a much better deal. The $50 for a $553 seat though is an anomaly not the norm, that person must have been desperate. Selling the more expensive seats is definitely more difficult though

Agreed $50 seems like bs unless it was out front @ like 8pm Phone Post 3.0

I have never been to a UFC show where the floor seats were full during the prelims like 159. Usually people with floor seats show up for the main card. (Celebrities and what not) Phone Post

http://chicago.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/darren-rovell-is-the-worst-person-in-the-world/

God I hate Darren Rovell

For UFC 72 and the German one they were literally (correct usage) just handing out tickets to anyone who would take them Phone Post 3.0

Quality source by ESPN.  A twitter post of a guy who knows a guy that told him he got that ticket for $50.

And lol @ the people calling an American that doesn't know stoner references the slob.

I paid full price for my seats. And I have no regrets. It was a blast. I met Ronda and Lyoto outside at the signings, and spent time with the UG at the meet and greet.

I will go to just about every event on the east cost I can. And I will continue to buy the Payperviews. I am not on the UFCs nuts, but I enjoy the sport and I enjoy the way the UFC presents it.

Zed Wayne Zed -
ThickS0lid N Right - 
Zed Wayne Zed - Yerp.

I'm never going live again, unless I get a free ticket.

Until I can smoke cones and not have to wait in line-ups to pee, and actually see the fights, I'm not going back.

The at-home experience is the best.

Plus, the agro-metal intro makes me hyper.....

I was there I paid $600 for 2 $553 dollar tix...I got baked outta my mind in my seat cageside...The view isn't as good as tv but the feeling in the place is better then atching any PPV(sorry double post my 1st post haha)

DUDE?! Explain this to me, won't you?

You were able to indulge cage-side?
You didn't go outside?

Are you.....are you the guy behind the "Just Bleed" chap?
Shouldn't blow my spot on this but cageside 100% ..Have photo proof (unlurked to tell ya there's hope how do I post pics?) Ps: if Dfwjr reads this all false just a failed attempt to looked cool .. Drugs are bad ;) Phone Post 3.0

Matt Phillips - I have never been to a UFC show where the floor seats were full during the prelims like 159. Usually people with floor seats show up for the main card. (Celebrities and what not) Phone Post
Agreed but it is north jersey after all wasn't expecting a star studded crowd Phone Post 3.0

Decidedly Underwhelmed - Anyone remember when your only hope of getting tickets to an event was to pay to be a member of the UFC Fight Club and try to snag presales?

Those days are long gone.

When the UFC was visiting cities for the first time or the first time in a while, the demand was high. Now that the UFC is visiting areas more than once every 2 years, with cards not as stacked as they used to be, the demand has been dropping rapidly. I wasn't going to go until I got my tickets for free.

If you waited until the week of the fights to buy your tickets, you probably got them at a generous discount.