ESPN: "Someone paid $50 for $553 UFC 159 ticket"

ThickS0lid N Right -
Matt Phillips - I have never been to a UFC show where the floor seats were full during the prelims like 159. Usually people with floor seats show up for the main card. (Celebrities and what not) Phone Post
Agreed but it is north jersey after all wasn't expecting a star studded crowd Phone Post 3.0

At the UG q and a Dana said the floor seats wete filled to the max and I quote "if obama called me tonight for a seat he'd have to sit on my fucking lap".

That being said I paid 200 per ticket and Will never spend that much again. Will buy nosebleeds and work my way down. We got all the way down to open seats right before floor level. Phone Post

Knew a guy who met a guy who heard from a guy who saw a guy...

#HearsayJournalism

Sold my single for BELOW face value. Paid $257 after fees and taxes only to get rid of it for $200.

I've been to quite a few of the earlier UFC's.  It's a must-do event to attend at least one of them live, but the overall experience is better at home.  I would prefer to see it at home now even if given free tickets.

There is no scalper that would sell their $500 ticket for $50. They would rather take the loss.

That being said getting deep discounts on UFC the week of the fight is very common. Fuck scalpers I am glad that they are taking a loss on the tickets. But the best you are going to get for floor seats the night of the fight is going to be $150-$200.

The UFC/Ticketmaster has started to issue PAPERLESS tickets for UFC 161 which will require the purchaser of the ticket to present the credit card the ticket was purchased with to get in.

Decidedly Underwhelmed - Anyone remember when your only hope of getting tickets to an event was to pay to be a member of the UFC Fight Club and try to snag presales?

Those days are long gone.

yep..

My view on events are it is fun to be there but unless you are in the top 30% of seats the view Sucks.

HighFreq - There is no scalper that would sell their $500 ticket for $50. They would rather take the loss.

That being said getting deep discounts on UFC the week of the fight is very common. Fuck scalpers I am glad that they are taking a loss on the tickets. But the best you are going to get for floor seats the night of the fight is going to be $150-$200.

The UFC/Ticketmaster has started to issue PAPERLESS tickets for UFC 161 which will require the purchaser of the ticket to present the credit card the ticket was purchased with to get in.

I had an extra ticket for the X Games ($45 face value iirc) and some dude was standing right by the turnstyles asking if anyone had an extra ticket.  Scalping is legal here so I told him $40 just to get rid of it.  He offered me $10 and I said I would rather throw it in the trash.  He then said $20 and out of principal I said "nope, sorry". Then I walked right through the turnstyles, ripped it to pieces and spiked it in the trash.  He lost his mind and started cussing and calling me a dickhead.  My friends and I had a good laugh worth way more than $20.  

Fun fact, I later learned that even though scalping is legal here, you have to be at least 100 yards from the venue parking lot included, so I could have got busted if there was a cop around if I sold it for any price.  The dude potentially saved me a fine. 

MARC BULGER - 
Kick Boxe -
thirdleg - smoke cones = gay oral sex?

British or Canadian for smoking cone shaped joints you American slob

Foreigners hate America it's so funny, weak people lol.. Phone Post

I'm American, born and have lived in California my whole life

Everything UFC costs far too much.
They'll squeeze whatever they can like every corporation. Phone Post

ximboredofyoux -
ThickS0lid N Right -
Matt Phillips - I have never been to a UFC show where the floor seats were full during the prelims like 159. Usually people with floor seats show up for the main card. (Celebrities and what not) Phone Post
Agreed but it is north jersey after all wasn't expecting a star studded crowd Phone Post 3.0

At the UG q and a Dana said the floor seats wete filled to the max and I quote "if obama called me tonight for a seat he'd have to sit on my fucking lap".

That being said I paid 200 per ticket and Will never spend that much again. Will buy nosebleeds and work my way down. We got all the way down to open seats right before floor level. Phone Post

Yea the Jones brothers sat behind me an Renato Laranja only faces I recognized cageside ... Lotta tuf guys with Lauzon an Schaub behind press row Phone Post 3.0

I remember UFC 52 was my first UFC live. The last one was into the 100s but that first one was awesome. Hell, I was sitting in the post fight press audience with Dan Henderson because they wanted to fill the chairs.

The weigh ins were also poorly attened and easy to get into. When I say poorly attended I mean there just wasn't a lot of people there, not that people didnn't want to go. I'm pretty sure I sat with the Tapout crew for that.

Kick Boxe -
MARC BULGER - 
Kick Boxe -

I'm from philly an I knew what that was ...My good buddy is a gippo from Scotland if anything he should complain bout the tobacco in the cone haha Phone Post 3.0

time traveling 12er -

Fourth event in four weeks.  Also this is kind of dirty considering Fox is launching a direct competitor to ESPN and one of FS1's big advantages is the exclusive UFC deal.  I'm pretty sure we're going to be hearing more negative UFC news at ESPN as the rivalry really starts going.

Pretty much this , espn are the biggest bitches alive. They'll end up bringing back slamball to rival the UFC. ,and say how it's the most extreme sport in the world. Phone Post 3.0

I once got, Snickers peanut butter squares, twizzlers, ritz white cheddar crackers and a bottle of smart water for only 3.49 because the clerk forgot to scan the smart water.

Kick Boxe -

I think they call bong bowls cones in Australia Phone Post

There is far more supply than demand.

Scalpers buy up tickets only to unload them at a loss once their dreams of getting rich are crushed by the reality of holding tickets to a Eddie Wineland main event.

Seriously.

Eddie Wineland is headlining a PPV event.

Good luck scalping those when even BWW won't be filled with people to see his title fight.

The UFC brand name is strong but you need star fighters to move tickets all year long.

The UFC has very few stars now and with more focus on Ronda it just means more men who couldn't get noticed at the airport are now expected to sell out events.

The UFC has oversaturated the market.

After Saturday's letdown coupled with the letdown that was GSP-Diaz; it will take Silva-Jones to really move the needle and create an event where people are willing to pay top dollar to get in. Phone Post

Zed Wayne Zed - Yerp.

I'm never going live again, unless I get a free ticket.

Until I can smoke cones and not have to wait in line-ups to pee, and actually see the fights, I'm not going back.

The at-home experience is the best.

Plus, the agro-metal intro makes me hyper.....

Have you been to many live sporting events? Because I've been to football, basketball, baseball games, fights, etc (multiple venues for each) and never once has there not been a colossal line of men waiting to pee consistently throughout the day. Lol Phone Post

Kick Boxe -
MARC BULGER - 
Kick Boxe -

Then you should know we have cones in pretty heavy abundance out here. Phone Post

I prefer watching at home. I've been to UFC and bellator events. The cage really does fuck up the view, especially when it's a grapplefest. U end up watching the screen the entire time. Phone Post 3.0

Zed Wayne Zed - Yerp.

I'm never going live again, unless I get a free ticket.

Until I can smoke cones and not have to wait in line-ups to pee, and actually see the fights, I'm not going back.

The at-home experience is the best.

Plus, the agro-metal intro makes me hyper.....
It's all about the billies whilst watching ufc. Phone Post 3.0