EST guys not ordering due to time?

You have to imagine Rose, Paige, Holloway all go to decision. 3 title fights, this thing is gonna end at like 230-3am EST. I remember Holloway/Alex, Colby/Usman didn't end until like 2-230am.

Bend The Knee -

You have to imagine Rose, Paige, Holloway all go to decision. 3 title fights, this thing is gonna end at like 230-3am EST. I remember Holloway/Alex, Colby/Usman didn't end until like 2-230am.

The main card starts at 10 p.m. Eastern. 

There are only 5 fights on the main card.

The main event should start no later than 12:30 a.m. and probably closer to midnight, regardless how many decisions are in the 4 leadup fights.

3 Likes
Tug Dabone -
Bend The Knee -

The main event should start no later than 12:30 a.m. and probably closer to midnight, regardless how many decisions are in the 4 leadup fights.

With 2 fights prior possibly going 25 min?

How come Colby/Usman didn't start until after 1am?

Bend The Knee - 

It’s worth it though. Right after an interesting card is some of the best discussion time on the UG.

Just imagine if Jorge wins the belt. Good grief this place will be popping. You know Nytron’s thread about Usman being WW GOAT will get TTT’d multiple times. Good times!

1 Like

The latest it can go is 1 am on the eastern time zone, pretty standard for the last 10 years

1 Like
slicedcity -

The latest it can go is 1 am on the eastern time zone, pretty standard for the last 10 years

Thats not true. Colby/Usman ended after 1am

OP, do you need mommy to tuck you in?

2 Likes
Bend The Knee -
Tug Dabone -
Bend The Knee -

With 2 fights prior possibly going 25 min?

How come Colby/Usman didn't start until after 1am?

Sure, every fight could go the distance. Two of the four before the main event are 3-rounders, which only take 17 minutes if they go the full 3.

But I'm going with percentages:

• Holloway has finished 4 of his last 5 wins.
  • Namajunas has a 76% finish rate and has finishes in 3 of her last 5 wins.
  • Andrade has a 70% finish rate.
  • Aldo finishes 60% of his wins.
  • Volkanovski finishes 66% of his wins.
  • VanZant finishes 63% of her wins and has finished 4 of her last 5 wins.
  • Ribas finishes 66% of her wins and has finished 3 of her last 5 wins.

Every single fight on the main card has something at stake (championship, future title shot, contract negotiations). If there are fewer than 3 finishes on the main card (including the main event) I'll be surprised, but I won't be shocked.

Hey, take a nap and be ready for a late night. If the fights are good scraps, I don't mind if they go the distance!

1 Like
oranos -

She wont let me stay up that late

2 Likes

You act as if us east coast fans are not used to this by now.

Worst case if you have plans for sunday you do it with less sleep. Not the end of the world.

2 Likes
Bend The Knee -
oranos -

She wont let me stay up that late

i'll be keeping your mom busy, she won't be bothering you.

1 Like

Also 17 min? Between the walk out, judges decision, then whatever interview they do, and the random promos between fights. You're talking atleast 20-30 min for non title fights and closer to 20-45min for title fights 

2 Likes

What real MMA fan would be put off by an event going that late? Take a nap ahead of time if you think you'll nod off. This is a non issue, and no reason not to get the event.

It will still be close to the same time as a normal event. They will cut time out between fights to make up for the possibility of title fights going 25 min. 

Jorge will get you to bed on time OP

I typically go to bed around 3:30 a.m.

Poor guys. Move out west. 

Yeah no way this card ends by 1. Lol

... I think people aren't ordering because of ESPN+

this card will be a HUGE money maker for the UFC, the buzz they were getting is insane....