EU countries are crap

GhostOfYuki - 
IronLung11 -
English Mutant Soccer Turmoil - If you think that life for the average man in Norway is comparable to massachusetts and New Jersey, or that there are 38 states with a higher quality of life than Sweden, the only one thats brainwashed is you. Phone Post 3.0
I'm sure that the average American Life is quite comparable to the top countries in Europe. Phone Post 3.0
Quite possibly. But the elitist attitude displayed by a lot of Americans is gross. Most of which haven't left the country and are force fed propaganda from birth.

They're the same kind of people that take pride in 'winning' wars and their military supremacy. Meanwhile, they justify the abomination of a healthcare system with Capitalism yo! Phone Post 3.0

not everyone can win

enjoy your country's participation medal

HardWorkPersonalAccountability -
GhostOfYuki - 
IronLung11 -
English Mutant Soccer Turmoil - If you think that life for the average man in Norway is comparable to massachusetts and New Jersey, or that there are 38 states with a higher quality of life than Sweden, the only one thats brainwashed is you. Phone Post 3.0
I'm sure that the average American Life is quite comparable to the top countries in Europe. Phone Post 3.0
Quite possibly. But the elitist attitude displayed by a lot of Americans is gross. Most of which haven't left the country and are force fed propaganda from birth.

They're the same kind of people that take pride in 'winning' wars and their military supremacy. Meanwhile, they justify the abomination of a healthcare system with Capitalism yo! Phone Post 3.0

not everyone can win

enjoy your country's participation medal
Haha. Whatever you say man.

Keep working 70 hour weeks till you're 80. Phone Post 3.0

FetusofFury - Do not feed the troll.

The study should have excluded University of Alabama and University of Mississippi football merchandise. Do wife beating victim payments count towards GDP?

All any American would have to do is get a passport (LOL) and spend some time in one of these 'crap' countries in order to see the difference in quality of life.

HWPA is Norwegian, BTW. He's here for amusement purposes only.
Wife beating payments will not count towards GDP. Phone Post 3.0

LOL @ the US having less poverty than Sweden. Real poverty (homeless people and folks living in nasty substandard housing struggling to afford basic amenities, dangerous crime ridden neighbourhoods etc) is virtually non existent in Scandinavia. The biggest hardship the average Swede will face is the shit weather.

Everyone always thinks everyone else is brainwashed, but not them. They believe what everyone else is exposed to is propaganda, but not them. Everyone else is nationalistic, but not them. I'll just leave that here.

btw, I can readily admit that America is sliding and degenerating very quickly but that's not a reflection of the people or geography, but of the government and corruption. Not quite sure what to do about that since voting doesn't work and the whole system has been corrupted and ruined.

Moke - Everyone always thinks everyone else is brainwashed, but not them. They believe what everyone else is exposed to is propaganda, but not them. Everyone else is nationalistic, but not them. I'll just leave that here.

btw, I can readily admit that America is sliding and degenerating very quickly but that's not a reflection of the people or geography, but of the government and corruption. Not quite sure what to do about that since voting doesn't work and the whole system has been corrupted and ruined.
Oh come on. Have you seen 'news' in the US? Phone Post 3.0

Moke - Everyone always thinks everyone else is brainwashed, but not them. They believe what everyone else is exposed to is propaganda, but not them. Everyone else is nationalistic, but not them. I'll just leave that here.

i'm the one who is presenting evidence, articles, and statistics

GhostOfYuki - It's strange that the Scandinavian countries usually top those 'best quality of life' lists then. Maybe it's not something that can be measured in wealth. Phone Post 3.0

It's more a measure of how "wealth" in the United States is skewed so greatly by the extreme wealthy. 

Those nations, for the most part, don't have 1,000 millionaires, and 1 million in poverty.

LOL at Sweden has more poverty--if we use US measures, and otherwise finagle the results. . . we can come up with metric. . .

Of course, Sweden covers things such as education, health care, and other things of the sort. . . which the author of the cited article attempts to sweep under the rug by acknowledging, "Clearly, from the figures above, there is much more relative poverty in the US, poverty as it is actually lived, than there is in Sweden. For Sweden does much more to reduce poverty."

Reading comprehension and critically is necessary--don't go seeking a result.

Macedawgg - 
GhostOfYuki - It's strange that the Scandinavian countries usually top those 'best quality of life' lists then. Maybe it's not something that can be measured in wealth. Phone Post 3.0

It's more a measure of how "wealth" in the United States is skewed so greatly by the extreme wealthy. 

Those nations, for the most part, don't have 1,000 millionaires, and 1 million in poverty.

read my post on the inequality

the poor don't actually have more compared to the median income in the EU countries

their rich just have less

America is nicer, has a better quality of life, nicer folks and less chance of being decapitated by islamists.

-An australian who has visited both countries. Phone Post 3.0

Firemansam - America is nicer, has a better quality of life, nicer folks and less chance of being decapitated by islamists.

Where in American have you visited? And where in Europe? Phone Post 3.0

I read the article--and "debatable" at best is the conclusion--depending on what you want to consider.  Those who want to consider less will discount things like health insurance, and value more things like larger dwellings.

Yet--on any measure, their standard of living is better.  Why is that?  They are healthier, happier, and have a better overall standard of living.  Their houses may not be as large.

GhostOfYuki -
Firemansam - America is nicer, has a better quality of life, nicer folks and less chance of being decapitated by islamists.

Where in American have you visited? And where in Europe? Phone Post 3.0
Cali vegas then drove across country to new york through nevada utah colarado wyoming iowa michigan. Im missing a few I think we took Interstate 80 most of the way.

Europe we went to Ireland england france germamy croatia greece netherlands Phone Post 3.0

The Sweden/US article was bullshit, they played around with stats to back an agenda. I've been to both Sweden and the US many times and no way is there as much poverty in Sweden as in the US. By that I mean that there are few people with absolute shit living conditions in Sweden, plenty in the US.

Oh and I was fucking SHOCKED by the amount of homeless in the US. Stayed at santa monica and literally every third person at the beach is a bum. Phone Post 3.0

Firemansam - Oh and I was fucking SHOCKED by the amount of homeless in the US. Stayed at santa monica and literally every third person at the beach is a bum. Phone Post 3.0

i can confirm this to be true

a ridiculous amount of homeless chill in santa monica

. Phone Post 3.0

So basically the US has a shit load of money spread out among the minority and the EU has less wealth but that wealth is more evenly distributed?
Not much of a surprise there.

How big is the UK in terms of land mass and population compared to the average US state? Phone Post 3.0

I think the quality of life in the US is good. Houses tend to be larger and more affordable. People are also much more friendly than many eu countries.

However I'd rather live in Europe. There's less advertising, healthcare is free and generally people are aware that their country is not centre of the universe. Phone Post 3.0