EU to ban free speech on the internet?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-03/european-union-declares-war-internet-free-speech

Uhhh.. Europe?

What the fuck are you doing over there?

England...srsly. brexit while you still can. Fuck this insanity. This will end badly.

Fucking hell guys. Why?

Why are you letting this happen? Phone Post 3.0

Is this a joke?

Did I miss something? Why isn't this getting more coverage? This is kind of a big deal. This got as little coverage as the TPP.

Wha....I'm I being punked? Phone Post 3.0

At least 2 threads on this already... Nobody cares. Kardashians and the UFC is on. Phone Post 3.0

Not too concerned since it's happening in America under Obama's watch too.

IT Companies and the European Commission, recognising the value of independent counter speech against hateful rhetoric and prejudice, aim to continue their work in identifying and promoting independent counter-narratives, new ideas and initiative

Whaaaaaaat the fuck?

How is this not state sponsored propaganda through a corporatist filter?

I'm I eating crazy pills? Am I the only person that looks at this and thinks this is potentially terrifying? Phone Post 3.0

So when are all these fucking companies going to just bend over and do all the same shit here in the US? Phone Post 3.0

It's pretty evident the cabal is real. They want to strip our rights and create a 1984 OrwelliAn realty. It's slow moving but that's what they are driving towards. The Internet is a big hindrance to their pace and they are going after it now trying to cap it. Phone Post 3.0

CavemanDave - IT Companies and the European Commission, recognising the value of independent counter speech against hateful rhetoric and prejudice, aim to continue their work in identifying and promoting independent counter-narratives, new ideas and initiative

Whaaaaaaat the fuck?

How is this not state sponsored propaganda through a corporatist filter?

I'm I eating crazy pills? Am I the only person that looks at this and thinks this is potentially terrifying? Phone Post 3.0

No, you're not.

Trump wants to shut down the internets also.......

so it must be good right OG?

Europeans don't seem to care. As long as they are told they are virtuous, they will shut up and take it in the keister. Virtue and self delusional narcissism are more important than reality. Reality is icky. Phone Post 3.0

This is about your source:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-29/unmasking-the-men-behind-zero-hedge-wall-street-s-renegade-blog

Haka Jawaka -

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-29/unmasking-the-men-behind-zero-hedge-wall-street-s-renegade-blog

Ok would you rather I post the bloomberg article about basically much of the same thing? Would you rather have that view that saying of the same thing but fails to quote the actual language?

Here

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-05-31/europe-gets-u-s-tech-leaders-to-self-censor

Fucking people...I swear. Yea did you actually think the guys that ran zero hedge are poor fuckers that never worked in the industry? Everybody assumed they were inside baseball guys from day one.

How about we actually talk about the scary shit happening in Europe now? Phone Post 3.0

Josh -

Trump wants to shut down the internets also.......

so it must be good right OG?

Yea the internet switch. LoL

I love the fact he's pissing off all the right people, but there's more than one reason I'm not voting for him. Phone Post 3.0

^^^^ I love the OG same people call europe a bunch of pussy's and tell them to stand up for themself, how they are losing there rights and what happens when it occures here.....Same people voting for Trump that wants to do the same thing lol

Illuminati is going to Illuminati.

You just gotta keep on keepin' on brother!

Josh -

^^^^ I love the OG same people call europe a bunch of pussy's and tell them to stand up for themself, how they are losing there rights and what happens when it occures here.....Same people voting for Trump that wants to do the same thing lol

To be fair, most of the shit like this is being implimented by the progressive left, and being pushed through identity politics and a love for political correctness.

I know trump has said some dumb shit, but I'm not sure if he believes half the shit he's saying. It's not trump who sent out the dear colleague letter. It's not trump who's used the justice department to shake down the entire education system regarding title 9. It's not right wingers who are pushing the internet silence in Europe or the absolutely bonkers human right tribunals in Canada that have a 100% conviction rate...and if you haven't noticed, political ideals are starting to globalize across the west.

Trump is pissing in a lot of cereal bowls but in the end I'm pretty sure he's full of shit on about 75% of the shit he's talking about.

I know the progressives are 100%serious about the shit they want. They have all the creepy self righteous intensity of the neocons and then some. Phone Post 3.0

CavemanDave - So when are all these fucking companies going to just bend over and do all the same shit here in the US? Phone Post 3.0

Shortly after HIllary takes office. 

CavemanDave -
Haka Jawaka -

Ok would you rather I post the bloomberg article about basically much of the same thing? Would you rather have that view that saying of the same thing but fails to quote the actual language?

Here

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-05-31/europe-gets-u-s-tech-leaders-to-self-censor

Fucking people...I swear. Yea did you actually think the guys that ran zero hedge are poor fuckers that never worked in the industry? Everybody assumed they were inside baseball guys from day one.

How about we actually talk about the scary shit happening in Europe now? Phone Post 3.0

I don't care one way or another.  I just thought it was reasonable to post a story regarding the source of your post.  BTW, I don't use Facebook and Youtube or any other social media sites as my news sources and I suspect many in the EU don't.  However, like all large companies, their image is important to their bottom line and, if that means censoring public content might help maintain their profit margins, then they will indeed censor it.  The collective goverments of the EU cannot stop or censor all sources of information.

Haka Jawaka -
CavemanDave -
Haka Jawaka -

Here

I don't care one way or another.  I just thought it was reasonable to post a story regarding the source of your post.  BTW, I don't use Facebook and Youtube or any other social media sites as my news sources and I suspect many in the EU don't.  However, like all large companies, their image is important to their bottom line and, if that means censoring public content might help maintain their profit margins, then they will indeed censor it.  The collective goverments of the EU cannot stop or censor all sources of information.

LOL. Ever think maybe they shouldnt censor people in the first place?

That statement there is exactly the one we have to look forward to.

Completely walk past the issue itself, attack the source, then make a statement on how it's important we get companies to be complicit in censoring the populace because all these dicks ain't gonna suck themselves now are they?

Do you work for Merkel or something? Phone Post 3.0

Seeing that I'm a citizen of the greatest country on the planet, this is shit I don't have to worry about. Good luck Europe we hardly knew you. Enjoy throwing your rocks and sticks during your protest. Bet you wish you had some common sense gun rights instead of common sense gun laws. Phone Post 3.0