Evan Tanner

Did they ever determine what exactly happened. They must have found some pictures on his camera since he always documented his adventures for his blog. Not saying I want to see them, but I would like to know what happened.

I read conflicting reports about running out of gas and water

Cementhead - I read conflicting reports about running out of gas and water

What did you read and where?

just from different mma websites, some said he had gas and water at his camp. Others said he ran out.

just from different mma websites, some said he had gas and water at his camp. Others said he ran out.

Both are correct. He had stores of gas & water at his camp, but he himself was miles away from his camp on his motorcycle & ran out of the gas & water he had with him.

He never made it back to his camp to re-supply.

He went on a hike to a spring and had enough water to get him there. When he got to the spring there was no water. There were pics on his phone along with a GPS that he used on his hike. He had also had water purifing pills on him that he planed on using.

Evan had alot of writings and messages that I hope one day will find the hands of someone that will tell his story and do it justice.

Golden boy speaks the truth. Hope you are doing well man.

Ian

Golden Boy - Evan had alot of writings and messages that I hope one day will find the hands of someone that will tell his story and do it justice.

Would love to read it.

Golden Boy - He went on a hike to a spring and had enough water to get him there. When he got to the spring there was no water. There were pics on his phone along with a GPS that he used on his hike. He had also had water purifing pills on him that he planed on using.

Evan had alot of writings and messages that I hope one day will find the hands of someone that will tell his story and do it justice.

I think that will happen.

2jfj9lf

Deep in the scorched hills of Imperial County, 10 miles from the nearest paved road, Evan Tanner parked his off-road motorcycle and set up camp. He unfolded a green cot and chair, set up a tarp for shade and took out sunscreen, a highlighter and a notebook.

Police suspect Tanner set off from Oceanside Sept. 3, turned off Highway 78 near Palo Verde (population: 236) headed onto unpaved Milpitas Wash Road, then cut west into the rocky, trail-less desert, barren except for the odd mesquite tree or creosote bush.

The next day, he told friends in text messages that if they didn't hear from him by the next morning, they should call for help. He was near Clapp Spring and running out of gas and water.

They made the call when no further word came. Marine helicopters from Yuma Air Station and local search and rescue volunteers scoured the area.

Rescue crews found his camp, where he still had several pouches filled with water, that Sunday.

On Monday, they found his body two miles from camp and several miles from the spring. He was carrying a GPS device. There was an empty water pouch nearby.

Police suspect Tanner may have been hiking to or from Clapp Spring, which is described on the Bureau of Land Management's Web site as a palm oasis and permanent water source for wildlife. Locals say Clapp Spring is little more than a muddy patch that supports a few palm trees but does not have enough water to drink.

An autopsy ruled the cause of death was heat exhaustion. Police have ruled out suicide and foul play. The results of toxicology tests may take up to three months.

Wow, I grew up about an hour from there. I didn't realize he was in that harsh of an environment.

krakauer (sp) could possibly do tanners life story justice. one seeking wanderer could definately understand another-MM

That story still bums me out

I rest easy knowing Evan died doing something he loved. He was taken way too early but anyone that knew him could tell you he wouldn't live to be an old man. He died beating his biggest demon where many people including myself didn't think he would be able to. There will never be another Evan Tanner. No one else could get away with some of the stunts he pulled and still be as loved as he was...and still is.

Last I taked to his brother they were working on some shirts. They had the very first shirt he wore in his first fight and were working with Ian's brother on doing something with the Believe shirts.

keep us updated on the shirts GB. I will def buy a few as long as the $ goes to the right place.

-MM

Still no tribute T-shirt available?

I never met Evan, but I can honestly say I took his death hard. He was not only my favorite fighter, but, more importantly, someone I looked up to, someone I strive to be like. I looked up to him because he lived life from his soul - how it is to be lived. He saw the good in this world, one man helping another. He was and always will be an inspiration to me.

The world lost a shining example of what's so wonderful about the human soul and the tenacity and drive there in...

thanks for the info guys