Evangelista Cyborg released from Strikeforce

Ask and you shall recieve

He requested and he got it.

PRIDE veteran Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos (18-15) finally got his release from Strikeforce after almost a year without fighting.

In interview, Cyborg answered why he asked to be released:

I asked to be released from my Strikeforce contract because i signed a contract to fight 6 times in two years. They gave me two fights in one year and it’s almost a year since i fought for the last time. You can’t be a fighter if you can’t fight. There’s companies interested on me all over the world. Everyone that knows me is expecting to see me fighting again. Since last september that i don’t fight.

On Strikeforce, Cyborg fought 4 times, winning just once, a TKO over Marius Zaromskis.

And Evangelista Cyborg already has signed his next fight, he will fight Brandon “Rukus” Thatch (8-1) for the Instinct Welterweight Championship on October’s 21st. He also stated that he has a open contract with Instinct and if other event wants to hire him, he’s open to it.

Can't wait to see Evangelista back in action, he has looked very good at WW even in defeat, very fast and explosive with devistating leg kicks.

Wish he would have made this decision along time ago, he went from being a mediocore clone of wand to a technical fighter, hope it's not to little to late for cyborg, but either way he comes to fight and you know when you se cyborg fight you will be getting your moneys worth.

dude sucked anyway

I thought he was dropping to 135 to fight Ronda

Now they need to axe his husband.

Sorry.

Ex-husband.

Imagine some of the weird situations they found themselves in...

Kool_Aid_Man - dude sucked anyway

he is very good at WW. he only lost to great fighters so far at this weight, and looked good in both of them.

he is better than guys like amir or hardy

Good for him. Strike force is ridiculous with the amount of fighters they have compared to amount of shows.

They pretty much should just be a 185 and 205 league and merge the rest. This will at least keep the guys they have busy. Phone Post

thats not saying much though..

his war with Manhoef was fucking epic though.

Radio Raheem -  I thought he was dropping to 135 to fight Ronda

win

Kool_Aid_Man - thats not saying much though..

not really, but he by no means sucks as a fighter, fighters that suck are guys like ross cliffton

Exciting fighter win or lose. Phone Post

VTFD 

every org on the wirl..

man meets fate -

he is very good at WW. he only lost to great fighters so far at this weight, and looked good in both of them.

he is better than guys like amir or hardy

+1 Phone Post

i thought he was the toughest thing when he fought melvin trading with him round after round. but then i don't know what happen, he wasn't invincible anymore when he lost to nick. i mean his image is way tougher than nick but lost. then he lost to the next fighter even nerdier. so i gave up after that.

His looks are deceiving.

ausgepicht - 

VTFD 

Radio Raheem -  I thought he was dropping to 135 to fight Ronda

That's his husband you're thinking of Phone Post

man meets fate -
Kool_Aid_Man - thats not saying much though..

not really, but he by no means sucks as a fighter, fighters that suck are guys like ross cliffton

Hey man isn't he dead? Not cool Phone Post