Even in sparring JDS hasn't learned

Mark Bocek - Fighters also tend to lower their hands to draw/lure opponents in. Doesn't mean you don't know how to box, Roach coaches fighters this way who are comfortable with it. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for chiming in Mark. Phone Post

Yeah that's the way I see it. He wants to provoke a standup battle. Just like their first fight showed, it only takes one clip to the side of the head, so you have to be careful.

When Roy Jones Jr was at his peak, his lead arm was hanging all the way down. He was fast as shit, chin was hidden behind his shoulder, and he could roll with punches. Phone Post

thebearbohland -
JimmersonzGlove - Cains gonna make it look easier than the 2nd fight. Phone Post
cough 3rd... 3rd Fight ;) Phone Post 3.0
cough dumb.........dumb ass. ;-)

Maybe before you "correct" somebody make sure you know for sure there's something to correct! He said Cain will make it (the 3rd fight) look easier than the 2nd fight. He wasn't calling this their 2nd fight!! Reading comprehension - get some. Phone Post 3.0

Vitali keeps his hands completely down at his waist to bait his opponent in. Junior believes (rightfully so) that he is by far the best striker at HW in MMA. He can keep his hands down to help avoid Cain's takedowns or to hope that Cain gets brave and wants to box again. Cain has a MW chin and MW power. Gonna look more like the first fight than the second.

Subbed. Bump list for when Cigano uppercuts Cain into Burritoland... Again. Phone Post 3.0

Does anyone believe JDS legitimately had something wrong with him during the fight like he claims? He did look like a dead man walking, Yet he still hung in there the entire 5 round mauling. And despite JDS being a veritable zombie Cain was still unable to seal the deal and finish JDS.

Some of cain's takedowns leave a lot to be desired, like he flops to his belly like a bearcat and goes for a single ankle. I think JDS comes in healthy, ready for 5, and takes a close decision via iron chin, improved takedown defense, and a better game plan. Phone Post 3.0

hopefully JDS doesn't kick in "zombie mode", seems like he could hardly keep his arms up, he was so sluggish.

Dongbar - Does anyone believe JDS legitimately had something wrong with him during the fight like he claims? He did look like a dead man walking, Yet he still hung in there the entire 5 round mauling. And despite JDS being a veritable zombie Cain was still unable to seal the deal and finish JDS.

Some of cain's takedowns leave a lot to be desired, like he flops to his belly like a bearcat and goes for a single ankle. I think JDS comes in healthy, ready for 5, and takes a close decision via iron chin, improved takedown defense, and a better game plan. Phone Post 3.0

He did not look good from the bell, I think it is true that he was overtrained.

I don't see how he would have made up the whole story, he explained it well and it does make sense even if brazillians often make excuses, I don't think he made it up.

Dongbar - Does anyone believe JDS legitimately had something wrong with him during the fight like he claims? He did look like a dead man walking, Yet he still hung in there the entire 5 round mauling. And despite JDS being a veritable zombie Cain was still unable to seal the deal and finish JDS.

VTFU

I Love Stun Gun's Dong - 

VTFU

Junior didn't look like a dead man walking until after the first round mauling. The first 3 minutes when Cain was pressuring he looked really uncomfortable...then that shot landed and he spent the rest of the fight surviving.

IMO JDS is very vulnerable in that split second when he is against the cage and is getting out of clinch.

He is completely upright, chin up and hands low. Just waiting to be tagged.

When he is in the midle of the octagon and controlling distance, his hands being low don't matter much as he has good iming and footwork.

GodSaveTheReem -
I Love Stun Gun's Dong - 

VTFU

Junior didn't look like a dead man walking until after the first round mauling. The first 3 minutes when Cain was pressuring he looked really uncomfortable...then that shot landed and he spent the rest of the fight surviving.
You are absolutely right. JDS was able to avoid many of cain's takedowns or pop up immediately after the takedown very early on. With that said if you've ever been in a state of over training or even just mental burnout, it can be difficult to muster up the energy to get off the couch or out of bed, let alone hang for 25 minutes with one of the best HW MMA fighters in the world.

That's why I feel with proper tapering JDS will have the ability to fight the whole 25 min like he did the first 3 in the rematch. Either way it should be a far more competitive fight than the first two times. I am looking forward to it! Phone Post 3.0

stonepony - It's not boxing... It's not supposed to look like boxing. Keep your hands over your head like a Thai boxer while the best HW wrestler in MMA is standing in front of you. Not smart. Keep his hands low, encourages Cain to strike, not to shoot for TD's. It's pretty normal.

JDS knows what he is doing.

Yes. His face looked like he knew what he was doing last fight. Phone Post

Mark Bocek - Fighters also tend to lower their hands to draw/lure opponents in. Doesn't mean you don't know how to box, Roach coaches fighters this way who are comfortable with it. Phone Post 3.0
Interesting. Love hearing stuff like this from people who know. Phone Post 3.0

Dongbar - Does anyone believe JDS legitimately had something wrong with him during the fight like he claims? He did look like a dead man walking, Yet he still hung in there the entire 5 round mauling. And despite JDS being a veritable zombie Cain was still unable to seal the deal and finish JDS.

What he "had wrong" was that Cain wore him out so bad, his muscles literally started to break down, it wasn't an "injury" it was something that came as a result of the beatdown and wasn't the cause of the beatdown. Phone Post

wariornation149 - If he thinks he can beat Wladimir Klitschko he better start working on his clinching... its more of a wrestling match then a fucking boxing fight with that guy

A lot of tall boxers are taught to wear their shorter opponents down by putting their weight on the back of the shorter fighters neck when they get in close.
Klitschko deserved to get a point or two taken away in his last fight since he did it almost every time they came together.
Either way Klitschko would have zero problem out boxing JDS.

HandyDarsh - Didn't Cain drop him because his hands were so low? Phone Post 3.0

To be fair, I think it was for TDD in the beginning, and after eating the brutal Rd1 flurry from Cain, just instinct...

He's got a lot of confidence, and will certainly be wary of the sprawl, but I don't think he wants another beating. After that first round, he just looked like he was barely surviving. I expected an Edgar-like rebound, but he just kinda zombie'd the rest of the fight :/

thebearbohland - 
JimmersonzGlove - Cains gonna make it look easier than the 2nd fight. Phone Post
cough 3rd... 3rd Fight ;) Phone Post 3.0

cough fail...fail ;)

Come on guys. If JDS is good enough to beat the Klitschkos, then he's allowed to keep his hands down if he wants

Wicked smahtMF - these guys that sdsay they keep their hands down to defend the TD better or draw in their opponent to counter are full of shit. putting your hands down is a natural instinct/ reflex born out of over-confidence/ showboating and it requires a ceoncerted/ deliberate effort to avoid. it is NEVER in any way justified and the only times it does work are thanks to luck or your opponents inability to capitalize. its ridiculous and annoys me to no end. ive heard guys that have SHIT for striking say they do it to draw guys in that they can then counter but again, its complete horse shit and every single one of them will get knocked the fuck out eventually just like Anderson

VTF

...down
fyi Cole Konrad retired