Ever called 911?

Story time.
Any 911 stories? Phone Post 3.0

In to post stories of 911 silliness in NYC after I get the kid to school. Phone Post 3.0

999 for the fire brigade. Coming back from a night out and someone had burnt out a car on the field, little cunts. Phone Post 3.0

Y es Phone Post 3.0

Bunch of times. Large debris on the road, car wrecks.

Scariest was a street person I saw going down a hill in his bike that fell and smashed his head. He was out cold and bleeding, but started to come around when the ambulance arrived. Phone Post 3.0

Black couch on highway in rural Maine at night. Between Newport And Bangor. They seemed annoyed but what ever. I almost wrecked. I call the non emergency police number these days for dumb shit. Phone Post 3.0

Drunk drivers, neighbor was accusing my kids of breaking his car window, maybe I'll think of more later. Phone Post 3.0

Called last year when my aorta split and I was paralysed from the waist down. Not as helpful as you may think. At one point she asks "Now I need you to get up and unlock the door."  I yelled at this lady "WHAT DO YOU THINK PARALYSED MEANS?" Looking back on it, I felt bad for yelling but I also thought I was going to be dead any minute soooooo.

Needless to say EMS never made it and a deputy sheriff drove me to the hospital.

My girlfriend and I saw a guy get stabbed outside a really nice bar on a really nice street. It was shocking. We called right away and the cops caught they guy really quick. Guy who got stabbed was lucky the stabber sucked at stabbing. He just passed out from shock and wasn't seriously injured.

For later Phone Post 3.0

Not as an adult.

Though I admit, I did call in a noise complaint a few months ago. It pained me to do it, but it would've ended badly had I walked down the block and confronted the people... and I'm not partial to the idea of being in prison.

Called the police on the 4th of july a couple of years back. Assholes wanted to keep blowing off fireworks at 11:30 at night, and my wife and I had to work the next day.......plus i have two kids that needed to go to school the next day as well.

Two weeks ago i dialed 911 because there was a couple arguing across the street, and were cursing up a storm as well. My nine year old daughter woke up to tell my wife, and in return, my wife came to get me. It seemed like it was gonna escalate, so i called the cops.

I definitely called it bro.

Fuckin terrorists are so predictable Phone Post 3.0

Altofsky - 

Not as an adult.

Though I admit, I did call in a noise complaint a few months ago. It pained me to do it, but it would've ended badly had I walked down the block and confronted the people... and I'm not partial to the idea of being in prison.

Yeah, been there. Smart move.

called 911 after finding a loved one dead from a house fire that put itself out bc she had all the doors and windows closed. rough time in my life. 

Fabes - 

My girlfriend and I saw a guy get stabbed outside a really nice bar on a really nice street. It was shocking. We called right away and the cops caught they guy really quick. Guy who got stabbed was lucky the stabber sucked at stabbing. He just passed out from shock and wasn't seriously injured.

I lol'd at "the stabber sucked at stabbing" ha ha ha! That shock can be quite serious though. A lot of times when you hear on the news "they died as a result of their injuries" its because they went into shock and once you get deep you don't come back out of it... Thats crazy though. I've never witnessed that kind of violence and I'm okay with that...

I called once because a house was on fire and there was a dude bailing out of his window. I called 911, told them it was a fire, they already knew about it and were on their way. On one end I felt like I was just annoying the operator with my call but on the other hand I feel like I was doing my civic duty...

Leigh - A few of times. Well, its 999 here for emergency services, although I think 911 now redirects as well.

Twice for blokes I found unconscious in the street. Turns out both times they were just so drunk they were unresponsive.

Another time cos I found my mum having a seizure after an OD.

None of them were grateful and in fact were quite resentful. Phone Post 3.0

Shit bro, I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like you may have seen some shit in your day. I hope life is good now and you have someone to give you a loving hug every now and then...

Was driving home from store and saw a deer all fucked up off the road. Then a little farther I saw a motorcycle on its side. Pulled over and went looking and found the rider. He hit his head and was saying words that didn't make sense. I had him sit down since he was stumbling and picked the bike up since the engine was burning the grass. Demi driver stopped and the deer crawled under his tires. He ran its head over to put it down fast. Cops showed up and I left. Phone Post 3.0

Only once. I was driving home from work. I was behind a guy driving a transport truck. He was swerving in and out of lanes aand twice nearly hit a recycling truck that was trying to pass him. So I called 911 and told them, I said I wasn't sure if he was tired or drunk but that he obviously shohldn't be driving. They kept ne on the phone for 25 minutes while I was giving them updates on where we were. He took the same route i take to get home. Not a single cop ever showed the whole way. I just told them if you guys aren't that concerned about getting him off the road, then neither am I and hung up. Phone Post 3.0

Rough Bearing - 
Fabes - 

I lol'd at "the stabber sucked at stabbing" ha ha ha! That shock can be quite serious though. A lot of times when you hear on the news "they died as a result of their injuries" its because they went into shock and once you get deep you don't come back out of it... Thats crazy though. I've never witnessed that kind of violence and I'm okay with that...

I called once because a house was on fire and there was a dude bailing out of his window. I called 911, told them it was a fire, they already knew about it and were on their way. On one end I felt like I was just annoying the operator with my call but on the other hand I feel like I was doing my civic duty...

My immediate reaction was to chase the stabber guy. But then I realized really quickly that I'd be putting my life and my gf's at risk. I have some weapons training, but it didn't seem wise. I'm glad the cops reacted so quick. I was really impressed with their speed. They were all over it.