Ever convince ur employer to pay for new degree?

I’m interested in a second masters. Don’t feel like paying for it or paying as little as I can. I read some articles on how to approach the employer. 

I am looking for first hand experience for people who have done this.  Specifically, if the workplace doesn’t have this perk 

1 Like

Only when a contract was expiring. I was negotiating a higher salary. They were firm on a number cap so I countered with continued education added on. It worked out. 

The only way I would broach this is if you are a 'free agent' and can leave or if your employer keeps trying to add more work. I would leverage it to retain you OR if your boss wants to add workload. 

I would sell it as 'I want more education to perform better/ better understand this specific topic'. If you spin it to bring value you may have a shot. 

they can pay indirectly... study on company time 

#whitepeopleproblems

My company offers it as a Benefit. They paid for my degree.

Tried to get them to pay for accounting qualifications, they turned me down flat.

Not a degree since I’ve done all the college I would ever want but every employer has paid for continuing education - including those that give certifications.

checkuroil - 

I’m interested in a second masters. Don’t feel like paying for it or paying as little as I can. I read some articles on how to approach the employer. 

I am looking for first hand experience for people who have done this.  Specifically, if the workplace doesn’t have this perk 

Tell them that the degree is in “Gender studies” or something woke.

They won’t be able to say no.

Then later switch to what you want to really study!

Profit?

The VA paid for my degree but my previous employer paid for a shit ton of Allen Bradley and Rockwell training certificates. 

Many garages reimburse A.S.E. costs to mechanics.

Tell your boss, mechanics are getting treated better than you;)