Ever drawn your gun?

The thread on your daily carry guns has got me thinking about situations where you may have had to draw them.
I live in the UK so obviously I have no stories to tell as we pretty much can't even own a gun let alone carry one.....
I don't want a debate on gun laws or the difference between US and European gun crime stats, I was just wondering how many of you have had cause to draw your guns while going about your daily life. Phone Post 3.0

no but i daydream about doing it everyday and at night, i lie in bed  til 2 am waiting for some fucker to break in.

I don't think people from the UK/Australia have a decent understanding of the type of criminal an American with a concealed weapon is defending themselves against.

These aren't scrawny pale skinned 20 year olds wielding a swiss army knife in their jogging pants. We have real, scary villains over here, and they're already armed.

Ply - 

no but i daydream about doing it everyday and at night, i lie in bed  til 2 am waiting for some fucker to break in.

btw, i have a feeling when the time actually comes i'd probably shit myself and blow my own balls off at the same time and then waste the guy.

No, but I have raised my shirt to let someone know. Phone Post

Onikage - I don't think people from the UK/Australia have a decent understanding of the type of criminal an American with a concealed weapon is defending themselves against.

These aren't scrawny pale skinned 20 year olds wielding a swiss army knife in their jogging pants. We have real, scary villains over here, and they're already armed.
As I said....... I'm not up for a debate on cross atlantic gun policy. I personally think there are pros and cons for both countries policies and laws. Given the choice I would carry if I was legally allowed.
Your comments on the criminals that the UK and Australia face though are plain stupid. Phone Post 3.0

TGP - 
Onikage - I don't think people from the UK/Australia have a decent understanding of the type of criminal an American with a concealed weapon is defending themselves against.

As I said....... I'm not up for a debate on cross atlantic gun policy. I personally think there are pros and cons for both countries policies and laws. Given the choice I would carry if I was legally allowed.
Your comments on the criminals that the UK and Australia face though are plain stupid. Phone Post 3.0

You're right, Australias got some tough leather skinned dudes with cork hats and bowie knives.

Nah, I'm a pretty shitty artist. Phone Post

My dad, 74, did last year or so. He was leaving the office late one night and a guy approached him and said he needed $5. Asked if Dad had $5 he could borrow. Out of the corner of his eye he sees another guy creeping up behind him out from behind a truck. Dad draws his Kimber, points it at the guy and says, "Sure buddy, you got change for a .45?" Robbery averted. True story. Phone Post 3.0

Cookie Monster - My dad, 74, did last year or so. He was leaving the office late one night and a guy approached him and said he needed $5. Asked if Dad had $5 he could borrow. Out of the corner of his eye he sees another guy creeping up behind him out from behind a truck. Dad draws his Kimber, points it at the guy and says, "Sure buddy, you got change for a .45?" Robbery averted. True story. Phone Post 3.0
Smooth..... Phone Post 3.0

I'm from the UK and have drawn and used a weapon many times. Mostly whilst in the military but also working private security.

My sidearm was an ss 229 and I liked it a lot. It didn't have a safety catch as the first pressure on the trigger was heavier. It was really light, accurate and had a great rate of fire.

The only time I fired it live was when I was transitioning from my long instead of re loading. Would love to be able to legally carry in the UK. Phone Post 3.0

When I was working as a Corrections Officer I went into McDonalds with my 2 youngest kids, 3 and 6 years old at the time. I recently released inmate was sitting with two other men, he looked at me, said something in spanish to his buddies and they all three got up and acted like they were going to come at me. I reached behind me to my .40 in my waistband and shook my head and silently worded "NO" to the parolee. They all stopped, backed up and sat down. 

I swear I was heart beat from drawing down on them and yelling for them to get on the floor. Freaks me out to know how close I came to lighting up a Mickey Dee's/ 

We left right away and went somewhere else. 

nodice2012 -
Cookie Monster - My dad, 74, did last year or so. He was leaving the office late one night and a guy approached him and said he needed $5. Asked if Dad had $5 he could borrow. Out of the corner of his eye he sees another guy creeping up behind him out from behind a truck. Dad draws his Kimber, points it at the guy and says, "Sure buddy, you got change for a .45?" Robbery averted. True story. Phone Post 3.0
Smooth..... Phone Post 3.0
You have to know him but my Dad really is that smooth. Thanks though. Phone Post 3.0

Ply -
Ply - 

btw, i have a feeling when the time actually comes i'd probably shit myself and blow my own balls off at the same time and then waste the guy.

Ahahahaha Phone Post 3.0

TACKLE -

When I was working as a Corrections Officer I went into McDonalds with my 2 youngest kids, 3 and 6 years old at the time. I recently released inmate was sitting with two other men, he looked at me, said something in spanish to his buddies and they all three got up and acted like they were going to come at me. I reached behind me to my .40 in my waistband and shook my head and silently worded "NO" to the parolee. They all stopped, backed up and sat down. 

I swear I was heart beat from drawing down on them and yelling for them to get on the floor. Freaks me out to know how close I came to lighting up a Mickey Dee's/ 

We left right away and went somewhere else. 

And you know, it's stories like this and my dad's and countless others when having a concealed (or not concealed) weapon PREVENTS a violent crime from occurring are of critical importance, and these stories NEVER come to the table during gun control statistical analysis. Unless it's reported and documented, a prevented crime essentially and statistically never happened. Phone Post 3.0

I got close to drawing once early morning. I'm terrified to do so, because if I draw...I shoot.

Most if not all of these cases fail to show up in any study of gun deaths vs people defending themselves with a firearm. Which is why those studies are a joke.

and yeah, I have drawn, but I was a deputized special officer at the time.

I have... a few times.. but let me explain.

1st time, I am in Michigan and in Real Estate. Im an investor. I drive around a lot and look at houses and the neighborhoods arent always nice. I was in Lansing, an area Im only a little familiar with since I lived there for a few years but it was 10+ years ago. Im driving down a block and theres 3 late teenage early 20s dudes on bikes kind of blocking the road. I slow down and then eventually stop and they just SIT there.. so they look at me and I kinda wave them like "move over dipshits" so of course being 3 of them they got all tough and started coming around on each side of my car talking shit. I had a Ruger SR9c back then and I set it on my lap and just said you guys were blocking the road, im just trying to get by... the bigger/older one gets up closer to my window and sees the gun on my lap and starts shitting his pants. "Hey man.. why you gotta have a gun man" Scared as FUCK. I said because of little assholes like you threatening and starting shit, now get the fuck out of my way. They moved I got the fuck outta dodge with my heart racing a mile a minute. In hindsight it was dumb but they definately didnt fuck with me.

The other time was just about a month ago. Im in Detroit at a house I owned and had just flipped. It was a rental and the tenant moved out. I get a call from her saying her "auntie stay across the street and they takin out the hot water tank" fuck. Im actually in the city, about 15 minutes away, so I head over. I got there about 20 mins later and of course they were long gone. I pulled my Glock19 and went throught the house and basement clearing it to make sure they were all gone. Secured the house back up and left. When I was going thru the house it was pretty instinctual... it was nuts. . Ive never served or been LEO but Ive trained quite a bit and even did some private shoot house courses at a training facility near me. It helped am UNBELIEVABLE amount. Phone Post

I thought this thread was about sketching our wieners.... I'm out... Phone Post 3.0